QuestionDoes this mouse work over Bluetooth with any laptop, or only through the dongle plugged into USB port?
- Answer Nope no Bluetooth, works exclusively with the donge. It also makes an annoying click noise when you use the TouchPad to scroll up or down and there's no way to turn it off. I would personally skip this purchase. Buy the Logitech g502 lights peed mouse instead. It's worth the extra 50 bucks and works over Bluetooth or with the included dongle.
QuestionWould this mouse connect with a Chromebook made by Acer that runs on Google Chrome, and has Bluetooth.
- Answer Yes, this would work with the Chromebook, but it is not BT. You need the proprietary dongle plugged into a USB port. It will look to the Chromebook as if you plugged in a wired mouse.
QuestionHow does this mouse track? Is laser, optical or a physical ball? I need it to work on the leather arm of my easy chair.
- Answer There are several types of computer mice, with optical and laser being among the most common. Optical mice detect less detail and provide more precise and accurate movement. Laser mice detect more detail and can be used on a wider variety of surfaces, but are more sensitive to small movements. Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse hosts BlueTrack technology, a laser-based system, featuring a blue beam that is 4x larger than a standard laser, and captures a high-contrast image of whatever surface it's on for precise accuracy.
QuestionHow long to the batteries last?
- Answer Thank you for your question. Two AAA batteries offer more than six months of battery life. For more information about the Arc Touch Mouse, please go here: https://news.microsoft.com/2010/09/01/think-the-mouse-is-dead-think-again-with-microsofts-arc-touch-mouse/
QuestionI just bought this mouse can this work as a mouse in the completely flattened state or does it have to be in the arch position And if it cannot work in the flattened state does anyone know of a mouse that does because that is what I'm looking for
- Answer Thank you for your question. The Arc Touch Mouse flattens for portability and is off when collapsed. For more information on this mouse, go here: https://news.microsoft.com/2010/09/01/think-the-mouse-is-dead-think-again-with-microsofts-arc-touch-mouse/
QuestionWhen scrolling, it makes a slightly annoying noise. Is there any way to turn that sound off? It sounds like an old school mouse almost.
- Answer Yes, you can. You just need to download the Mouse and Keyboard Center here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/mouse-and-keyboard-center-download-f5b10905-7887-eedb-2f1c-d0737a36a3b2.
- Answer It did not do well with my surface, yet it works fine with my Asus laptop. I think there is something lacking in the surface bluetooth. I put a conventional USB Mouse on my surface and it works perfectly. Hope this helps.
- Answer It depends on your mouse settings. It can do both depending on which settings you choose.
QuestionWill it work on glass desktops. Not over wood, just glass, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick.
- Answer It will not work on glass. Very few mice work on glass - those that do will advertise that they do. I have had a Logitech mouse that did called the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX with “Darkfield” laser. Great mouse - but not cheap.
- Answer Not have a physical scroll wheel, the central buttons are touch sensitive for make the scroll function.
- Answer Yes because it is not Bluetooth. Only connect the usb receiver and that’s it