Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $799.00
The previous price was $1,029.00
QuestionMay I able to added more "storage" in the future or exists anyy Expandable Memory Compatibility?
- Answer There's a MicroSD slot on the Surface Pro 7. It's underneath the kickstand so it's protected. No need to open anything to add a chip. It clicks right in. I added a 512 Gigabyte chip in that slot, and it shows up as a D drive. Not every software application will load to this drive, but some will. And it's great for picture, video, and file storage, of course. Cost for a 512Gig chip was less than $80.
QuestionLooking to buy a new tablet. Looking at the Surface Pro 7 with a Core i5 and 8GB memory with 128GB SSD, or a Surface Pro X with the same memory storage. Any idea on which one is better? Looking to replace my laptop with this tablet. Thanks.
- Answer These are two very different machines... almost an apple and an orange. The Pro 7 uses Windows 10 and accommodates all Windows programs natively. So far, there is not a model of the Pro 7 that includes LTE. The Pro X is Microsoft's foray into a new "form factor" for mobile computing. It does not use the standard Intel / AMD chip architecture but instead uses a customized version of an ARM chip; ARM chips would typically be used in cell phones and some Android tablets. It offers longer battery life and LTE connectivity... but it is not compatible with certain Windows programs / apps because it runs them by emulation. Lots of games won't run, for example. That being said... if you want Office apps and browsing, this could be a perfect choice for you.
QuestionDoes this model have USB ports for flash drives? The descriptions says yes but it's not in specs.
- Answer Surface Pro 7 has one USB-A port and one USB-C port.
QuestionI am looking at trying to purchase a tablet that is user friendly for virtual learning. I would like to be able to teach a lesson and write the tablet with ease as I'm doing a zoom meeting. Is this tablet is going to be able to do all of that for me?
- Answer Yes, I use mine for exactly that. I write lecture notes using OneNote and broadcast it.
- Answer Yes, a good one, too!
- Answer It plays the newest SimCity and all its DLC Like a champ running off of the Origin Game Client. I have steam too, once you get one you realize it IS a full PC pretending to be a tablet then somewhere along the line it lost its way and became something I don't think anyone would have guessed be necessary.. much less better then previous forms of tech. Get the i5 8gb w\ smallest amount SSD. it is out doing everything I used to mess with and I'm no genius but it is geared towards the creative type. Art, engineer, mild gamer, all the normal boring but vital PC stuff. It's not a tablet. It's magic. Hope this helps, probably won't get posted because I'm a weird opinion. But it plays the game better then my 3yr old "laptop" that has a dedicated GPU NVIDIA GF in it.
QuestionThis is to the reviewers who have mentioned "great battery life." Did you change your settings? If so, to what? My battery sucks. Much worse than my Yoga C930 which is considerably bigger and has an i7 processor.
- Answer I get 4 hours of light use on the i5 version. The i7 is probably more power hungry plus it has a fan which uses power to cool it.
- Answer Thanks for asking! Yes, you may connect Surface Pro 7 to your smartphone when it is serving as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Answer Yes it can be charged the USB C port. I use a 60W charger and it charges very quickly.
QuestionLooking to do book narration and podcasts and in need of new laptop to do so. Will this support a Yeti mic and the other audio/visual editing software?
- Answer Technically you can connect the mic through usb to the surface and then purchase the software online. However I would strongly suggest going with something like the new MacBook Air, as it isn’t much more than this in price and comes with IMovie and GarageBand pre installed on it. It also has some great specs and the new Apple M1 chip and the 8gb of ram will have both of those programs running very smoothly. Also in the future as your Narration/Podcast grows you can upgrade to Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro which are also amazing programs that allow you to really do anything you can set your mind to.
- Answer You have to make sure that you are searching an option with the bundled keyboard. Not all of them have this included. If its the open box for that selection then it should be included. Hope this helps.
- Answer I have been able to use virtual backgrounds on Zoom
QuestionDoes this particular version include the keyboard for $799. Is cover and keyboard the same thing here
- Answer Anytime you see "with Black Type Cover" that means it comes with the keyboard.