Questions & Answers
- Question2 story home, 1 thermostat, downstairs is always cooler than upstairs for the a/c and in the winter upstairs hotter than downstairs. Will NEST balance (10 Answers)Answers
If you have one unit controlling both upstairs and down stairs, you will continue to face this challenge. In order to balance both upstairs and down stairs, you will need a unit for the down stairs and a unit for the upstairs, each having their own separate thermostat.
- QuestionDoes this work with a 2 wire system? (10 Answers)Answers
Likely not. The 2 wire systems I am aware of are high voltage and the NEST thermostat only works with low voltage systems. So out to the web site, they have a compatibility page that will ask what type of wires you have.
- QuestionWill the Nest tell me if the power is on or off? (10 Answers)Answers
Yes. When the unit is heating your house, the display will be a reddish-orange color. When the unit is cooling your house, the display will be blue. If the system is off, the background will be a dark grey or black color, with white numbers. It will even give you an estimated time until you reach your target temperature. If your house is at 66 degrees and you set the heat to 72, it will say "estimated 52 minutes to target temperature" or something like that, depending on the size of your house (information you can add to the thermostat as well).
- QuestionWhat if my wifi is not working but my power is on. Will the furnace and AC still heat and or cool? (10 Answers)
Sometimes my wifi just quits.. problem not mine but at the telephone company.. it might be down for an hour.. will I lose control of my heating or cooling or can I manually adjust what is necessary? There is not and issue with power... just wifi
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
- QuestionIf I am out of town, can I still control my thermostat on my phone? Is there a distance limit? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill it work with a heat only thermostat? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWall Plate (11 Answers)
Can you mount the device directly to the wall or do you have to mount the plate on the wall first and then attach the Nest device to the wall plate? I prefer the sleek look of the device attached directly to the wall, so that is important for me.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
You do not have to use the plate. It is provided for you to cover the previous box. You can absolutely get the sleek look if there is no hole to cover. I had to use the plate, but I honestly don't even notice it anymore.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionWill the Nest thermostat tell me the actual indoor temperature, or just the target temperature? I'd be curious to know if my AC unit is able to keep up with the heat. (10 Answers)
- QuestionHow do you secure this device? Seems like it would be easy to hack. (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo you have to have wifi for this to work? (11 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions