Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan this be used a a router (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat does this product do and why would you need it? (5 Answers)Answers
The easiest way to think of it, would be to compare it to a surge protector. Not so much for the surge protection, but the fact that you plug it into one outlet, and now you have 6-8 available electrical outlets to use. The same with this switch - take an ethernet cable (cable you use for the internet) and plug it into the switch; you'll now have 4 extra connections to the internet available. Or however many ports are on the switch. So if it was a 5 port switch, that would mean one port would be used for the incoming internet traffic, and the remaining 4 would be empty and ready to connect a device to the internet.
- QuestionWill This boost my internet and support it better than before? (11 Answers)Answers
The switch is a great product but it is not intended for and will not change the bandwidth or performance you are getting from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). I recommend you work directly with your ISP regarding any performance issues you might have (we did this and got over 50 feet of line from the road to our house replaced by our ISP after they came out and located the problem - the performance gain after the new cable went in was amazing and we didn't have to pay for the repair).
- QuestionWhich port does the cable coming in the back of the switch box go in or does it matter ? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan I plug my Cable Modem into this switch and then run it to my wireless router located upstairs? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionThis product comes with power adapter? I didn,t see in the section " what is included". (11 Answers)
- QuestionIs this switch compatible with Cat 6 cables? It says cat 5, I just don't know if that means cat 5 or higher or cat 5 only. (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs it Fanless? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this enable connecting multiple VOIP phones? (11 Answers)Answers
I use mine for Ooma, and multiple other connected devices (laptop, and other network connections). The switch doesn't care what you're connecting to it so as long as it works via an Ethernet or GigaBit Ethernet cable for connectivity it'll be fine.
- QuestionWhat's the difference in this one and this one? NETGEAR - ProSAFE 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch - Gray that ProSafe one doesn't say gigabit is that faster or a better speed? (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions