Questions & Answers
- QuestionDo I need to set up a new wifi network for this? (11 Answers)
I had used a Netgear extender in the past, and it didn't seem to work right as I had to name it something other than my FiOS router. So when I entered the area of the extender, I had to pick the network on my iPhone for example. I'm looking for something that is seamless. I set it up, and no matter where I go, my wifi is extended. Specifically to stream from an xbox or ps4.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
You have to name the "extended network" something, but is automatically keeps the name you already have and adds to it. When you get on it for the first time with your phone or other equipment, you sign in to the new network once and save it. Then it automatically recognizes it in the future.
- QuestionHow far will this device extend my signal without delay? (10 Answers)
I have my internet service wired into one building on my property which is used for an office. My house is about 250 feet away. Is this device strong enough to boost the signal from the office to the house at a strength sufficient to stream internet content to my TV's in the house? Between the two buildings there is only open space. The only walls are the building exterior walls to each building.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
- QuestionI have Comcast wireless internet it is hooked up on the first floor but my home computer is on the 2nd floor will this help my speed to the 2nd floor (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan i lay this on its side? Or does it have to be standing up? (4 Answers)
- QuestionUSB port (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this extender work with a cisco router that does not have a wps button? (2 Answers)Answers
It should. Setup without using the WPS button is done through a browser. The device (phone/laptop/etc) is connected to the extender and you are supposed to go to a "website" that will actually be the set up for the extender. The set up includes choosing which router you want to extend the signal of, then choosing a name and password for the new signals. There is also a username and password to keep others from changing the settings, though this can easily be gone around by resetting the device.
- QuestionI have comcast cable and paying $10 a month to use thier router, can I use this netgear ac 1200 instead to avoid paying $10 a month? (6 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan roku be plugged directly into unit? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes the Netgear AC1200 WIFI Range Extender EX6200 have to be hard wired to anything . (10 Answers)Answers
No… we are using it to pick up an existing WiFi signal and act as an extender for an area at the far end of our office building. You could connect it via a cat5 or cat6 and then it would use that signal to create a separate WiFi signal.
- QuestionCompatibility with WNDA3100 (8 Answers)Answers
Sure--should be. Any range extender should be compatible with your AC1200 because they are backwards compatible--meaning they will work with AC, N, G or B wifi signals. But aside from that, all routers and extenders, regardless of manufacturer, should be compatible--they are just sending out and receiving wireless signals, and none of the frequencies they are using are proprietary--in other words they are all working in the same frequency range, so they are fully compatible--they're specifically made to be.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions