Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs this Windows 10 compatible? (11 Answers)
- Questionwhat is the range to pick up distant wi-fi (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have a wireless router at home...I need something to make my desktop pick up a wireless signal. Will this work? (11 Answers)Answers
Yes, I just picked this up for my PC and it works great for connecting to my wireless router. Make sure to plug it into the blue USB port on the PC if you have one for maximum speed, but that is not required to use it.
- QuestionI have a computer without wifi, this adapter can get to have wifi? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this pick up wi-fi (10 Answers)
I currently do not have internet, However I have a net gear wifi card. That picks up my neighbors Wi-Fi, will this do the same? My net gear card has less coverage then this, so I was just wondering, if this is a receiver also
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Hmmm ... I had to think about that one. The adapter usually picks up what your wireless router has stored, and is transmitting. Used in that way it will pick up many of your neighbors signal, however their signal maybe protected. Used as a repeater or extender I can't say; only that this adapter has the longest range that I have ever witnessed or seen.
- Questionhow do you install without a cd?? (11 Answers)Answers
I had the same issue, I was lucky to have a older USB adapter on my computer but if you can connect with a Lan cord direct to your router you can do the same thing to set it up. I was able to log online. I googled Netgear A6210 (which is the model ) and it took my direct to the Netgear A6210 page...click get support and on the right hand side its a option to download the file: Software Version 126.96.36.199 (Supports Win10) File size: 72.6 MB Worked perfectly the first time after I ran the program.
- QuestionWhat would I do if I lost the disk. What happened was I changed computers but I only have the adapter..... (5 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes it need? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionUSB 2.0 (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI'm using xfinity hotspot for the Xbox one will this help my lag (6 Answers)Answers
Tough question to answer since the lag can come from any number of things. If you have a wifi scanner (plenty of free apps available for Android and Apple tablets), you can see how many other networks are using the same channel(s) your xfinity wifi. My guess is that it's pretty crowded, in which case changing the channel that your wifi communicates on will help. And since this USB wifi has both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz channels, you have plenty of choices of finding a channel that has fewer networks using it. What you want is to have a channel that is free of every other network, so you have the best chance at getting the rated speed.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions