Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat is the range of the Wi-Fi and how good is it with Comcast (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it work with Time Warner Cable? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you set your own SSID and password? (11 Answers)
- Questiondoes it work with cox cable internet? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have comcast triple bundle. Will this work for their phone service (landline). (8 Answers)Answers
No -- if you want the phone service, you'll have the rent the box from Comcast. It is my understanding that no third party purchased units will work with their phone service. You may be able to buy the box directly from Comcast and avoid the monthly fee.
- QuestionShouldn't this item allow more than 5 devices? I see less costly ones that can handle more. Thank you (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this need a technician to install? (5 Answers)Answers
This was super simple to use. Plug it in, connect internet cable and follow the simple instructions to set up your network. The default username and password are on a plate on the back of the router which you can change after you've signed for the first time.
- QuestionNot so computer savvy (10 Answers)
I've got a large house and my current modem and router are set up in the center of my house. Service though Comcast is spotty. Does this need to be set up anywhere in particular? Also does it affect my current connection? Can this be used specifically for one computer in my house?Answers
I bought this same router/modem combination a few months ago. We went from 15mbps to 50mbps with Time Warner. We have a 3,000 sq ft house. We had a lot of problems with it being too slow, not being able to be picked up in 2 rooms over. It is mounted on top of our china cabinet in the dining room, which is about center of the house. My daughter called Netgear and they were very helpful in walking her through some system changes. We can now pick up the internet upstairs, in the garage, and even at a low level, in our small separate garage. Not sure what they had her change but they were almost going to send us a new one, thinking it might be defective. My suggestion is to call Netgear support and have all your information ready and let them see if they can help. Time Warner isn't the most reliable service, and we thought that might be it, but not this time. Haven't had any issues since. Good Luck.
- QuestionWill this work with Verizon Fios? (6 Answers)
- QuestionWiFI 802.11ac: is this router backwards compatible with older equipment? (10 Answers)
I have a Brother wireless printer, g-band and 2.4GHz only. Does this router have a 2.4GHz band or not? It makes a big deal over being dual band and 802.11ac protocol. That might mean that it has two bands of 5GHz each. Anyway: is this going to work with my Brother printer or not?Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions