Questions & Answers
- Questionif I buy this modem for my comcast Infinity do I also have to buy a seperate router? Is there a router /modem combo? (10 Answers)Answers
I think you can still rent a single router from comcast but I wouldn't recommend it. They are usually refurbished and you can save quite a bit of money instead of renting. Plus you can much faster routers to match the blast speeds that comcast puts out.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionWill this modem support Comcast cable t.v., internet and phone service? (10 Answers)Answers
This modem will support Comcast internet. I'm using it for that and am happy with the results. Note that you'll need a will need a separate wifi router, assuming you want a wifi connection. You can buy combination cable modem/wifi routers, but I'd recommend getting them separately so you can also replace them independently when the time comes. Comcast cable TV does not go through the cable modem (cable plugs directly into the X1 box) so is not relevant to your decision on a modem. This modem will NOT support Comcast phone service. When I got this modem I dropped my Comcast phone service and switched to Ooma (which I highly recommend for both quality and major price savings). [The Ooma device plugs in to your router via ethernet cable. You can then plug the phone line currently running from your Comcast-suppled modem into Ooma and you're good to go.]
- QuestionWill this improve speed or content delivery vs. current DOCSIS 3.0 343 Mbps rated modem? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs this modem compatible with Linksys EA6900 router? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this modem work with Mediacom Xfinity? (2 Answers)
- QuestionCox Cable (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have Magic Jack Phone service. Will trhis work ok? (3 Answers)
- Questiondoes it support AT&T u-verse? (2 Answers)Answers
If your AT&T U-Verse is setup like mine was (Ethernet cable input), then NO. This modem uses coaxial cable input, rather than Ethernet. However, the folks at Best Buy can direct you to the best option. I do know that they carry one from NetGear that works with AT&T U-Verse because I had one before I switched. It worked great, but AT&T issues and rising costs drove me away. I was told by AT&T dude that they already had a modem to my house in the proprietary box outside mounted on my house (the one with the secret squirrel lock and warning not to access it). That said, my modem appeared to work, but I wondered whether it really served much purpose. You may want to talk with them since maybe that can impact what you buy.
- QuestionIs CM600 compatible with Dish TV? (0 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this work with Spectrum? (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions