Questions & Answers
QuestionIf I were to place one of the extenders outside, under shelter, would this be an issue? Would not be exposed directly to precipitation or sun.
- Answer I would not hesitate to place one outside, as long as it was sheltered from the elements. They do require a plug-in for power, but that is it.
QuestionDoes this have a faster wifi speed than the wired connection? I also see it has gigablast ability is it limited to the wired connection speed?
- Answer This device is Triband and supports these speeds: 1800 + 1200 + 600Mbps
QuestionI have xfinity, but my internet is located on the second floor where my desk is. The problem is that the basement often doesn't get very good WiFi connectivity. Would the Nighthawk AX3600 Tri-Band WiFi 6 help? I have a Netgear X4S now. But I need help.
- Answer You will have to goto a Wi-Fi mesh system.
QuestionI want to connect one satellite via ethernet to the router. I want to connect satellite via ethernet to a computer. I see two ethernet connections in the back of the satellite. Can one be used for an inbound signal or will it be wireless inbound?
- Answer Wireless inbound- the satellites connect to the base via WiFi- the two ports allow you to connect to the satellite via Ethernet cable
- Answer It will provide a very good WiFi network in your house. You still need an ISP (Internet Service Provider) for external messages, etc.
- Answer No it does not, only 20/40 and 80 MHz and goes up to channel 48 on 5Ghz band.