Questions & Answers
- QuestionWould it be beneficial to have Powerline adapter as well as wifi range extender? (10 Answers)
We have wifi dead zones in our house. We have a single story home, 2000 sq ft, on 1 acre. The family room and back office are weak wifi signals. Even though family room is adjacent to room where router is located, it typically gets only one bar. I can't utilize iPad / iPhone functionality or AV receiver / smart TV capability, such as streaming movies. I am looking at getting this product to connect to the AV receiver as well as Netgear NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender Model: EX7000-100NAS, to help extend the wifi throughout the house. Would both products be needed?Answers
I would use a Netgear AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extednder and set it as an access point plugged into the Powerline adapter. Here is a link on Bestbuy to the product. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-ac750-wi-fi-range-extender-wall-plug/3055085.p?id=1219086922402&skuId=3055085
- QuestionWill it help boost signal to assist with a weak wireless security signal? (3 Answers)
- Questionmost homes have circuit breakers. will this work if the powerline adapter are on 2 different section (ex. game room upstairs - family room down stairs? (10 Answers)Answers
Most homes have two phase wiring. If they are on the same phase, you will get the best results. You don't want to plug into surge strips, extensions, UPS devices, etc. If you have them on separate phases, they still may work but at reduced transfer rates. From Netgear: Can powerline be used in homes across multiple phases? Yes, but you will either suffer a noticeable loss in performance, or if the signal is too low the units will not be able to communicate.
- QuestionAre different speed powerline adapters(200, 500, now 1200) compatible? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI recently bought the powerline 1200 adapter and the connection is fantastic but my download speeds are significantly slower than the what I was getting on my 5ghz Wi-Fi. Is there a setting I overlooked on my computer that could be causing that? (4 Answers)Answers
I actually don't know. I just purchased the device so that my television in a remote area area of my house could be connected. If I were you, I would contact Powerline company. I would register your device with the company and submit an email question. You probably will be best served by using exactly the same question that you posed to Best Buy customers. I actually did that. But I figured out the answer to my question before they responded. I would actually be interested in the response that the company gives you in case I ever wanted to use my 1200 adapter for a more robust application.
- QuestionMy house has plaster walls.Will the powerline 1200 help get better signal thru-out the house ? (3 Answers)
- QuestionIs this compatible with a Belkin modem? Or does it have to be netgear? (5 Answers)Answers
- Questionwould this still work if i plugged it into a power strip? (10 Answers)Answers
I first had mine plugged into a power strip and it did not work ... at all. I was going to return the item, when I realized it may not work because of the power strip. Plugged it into the wall outlet and it worked as well as advertised. I'm not an expert, this was just my experience.
- QuestionI have security cameras i need to have a connection to my router downstairs to view my security cameras from my phone. Will this work (0 Answers)
- QuestionHow far does it gets the signal (3 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions