Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $69.99
The regular price is $99.99
QuestionI really don't like the Orby Tv remote control, it is too small for me and I don't like the layout of the controls. I would prefer to get a universal remote instead. Since Orby Tv is so new, how would I get the codes to program it into a universal remote?
- Answer Logitech is one of the major leaders of universal remote controls, most of them can be updated via the web. Intelleset, RCA and Philips have some great remotes that may or may not be programmed via your computer or smartphone app. If you happen to already own an old school universal remote you could attempt trying all of the codes for set top boxes or going into scan mode where your basicly looking to have the remote power off the ORBY unit. Please share your results on here.
- Answer Additional Orby remote controls are available here. https://orbytv.com/buyonline/ Current price is $20 + tax.
QuestionI accidentally washed the remote to my Orby DVR receiver. It is useless and won't work at all. Even after drying it out completely. Can I purchase another replacement remote or is there a universal remote that is compatible?
- Answer No, do not do anything. Unfortunately, orby TV has just announced that they are closing doors and after 2 years, they have cancelled the service. View the website: orbytv.com Find your answer there. Best bet would be to switch to DISH Network because they are offering a deal of $52.99
- Answer Logitech Harmony
QuestionHow do I use the fav button?
- Answer The Orby remote is something that needs improvement and more thought put into its design. When you use the guide button, depress the fav button and the channels you designated as your favorite while in the settings mode, will be the only channels you see on the guide. You have to do this each time you use the guide which is a hassle, especially being such a small button. Also, it is my opinion Orby would benefit if they designed a remote for sight-impaired and elderly viewers with larger buttons and only basic functions.
- Answer Yes mirroring is possible with some extra work & equipment but the 2 TVs would be on the same channel. I would recommend using a remote control extender and a spare remote for the room that doesn’t have the Orby box. A remote extender could allow the room without the Orby box to change channels without returning to the room with the Orby box to change channels. The picture & audio quality will be a little less on the TVs that utilize the composite rca connections.
- Answer Contact orbytv tel:877-672-9881
- Answer You can set up the guide to only show your favorite channels. When you push that button it switches from all channels in the guide to just the favorite ones.
- Answer Replace the HDMI cable with a new better quality one, *if it goes between your television and the ORBY box. I’ve personally experienced new faulty HDMI cables that wouldn’t pass audio to the television. Other possibilities replace your batteries, reprogram remote. Slim chance of a bad HDMI port on the tv or ORBY unit, for this issue you could use a toslink cable for the audio or go with basic rca style audio video cables.
QuestionOK. So my home is cable wired in every room. If I had one Receiver. would all 4 rooms receive the signal? I didn't see any sports channels listed. Is ESPN available? Do you offer Satellite Internet?
- Answer If you did they would always be on the same channel. I’d recommend a receiver or DVR receiver for most rooms that you may need to change channels evey so often. Now if your just going to have the news or cartoons on in say 1 bedroom and the other say living room box is on the other side of the shared wall, then a wall-pen mirroring setup might be just for you. I like you thinking. That one box setup for 4 rooms worked well for my 1st uhf remote controled satellite setup as a bachelor in 1995. ORBY if your reading this please make a UHF remote controlled satellite receiver in your 2nd generation of boxes or a conversation kit ASAP.
QuestionIf I purchase (1) set top unit with DVR, and 3 set top units with just the receiver. Can I DVR programs on any set top receiver? Also I live over 70 miles from local channels and in PA. will this be a problem for this ORBY TV system?
- Answer The short answer is no. You can only record programs on the receiver that has a dvr. And you can't record programs on the tvs that just has a basic orby receiver. Nor can you control your dvr receiver with any of those remotes. As for the distance, that is no problem. Orby is satellite and you will not only get all of your local stations but any of the services that they offer which you subscribe to.