Questions & Answers
- QuestionDo these bulbs work with home wifi network? (11 Answers)Answers
You will need a Philips Hub in order to control them with your phone. Otherwise, they will just work like normal light bulbs (i.e. they will turn on and off when you flip the switch). They act like repeaters so the more you have, the better the range will be.
- Questioncan I dim these lights using amazon echo with alexa voice control? (11 Answers)Answers
Yes, you can say "Alexa living room dim" or "Alexa living room bright" (you choose the name of your rooms, set up was easy) it will turn light up or down only one notch. Or you can use a scale of 1 to 10 to change light from darkest to lightest.
- QuestionAre these soft white or day light ? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo they also turn on and off with regular, already installed light switches? (10 Answers)Answers
Yes - they will turn on and off with the regular switch. However, when the light switch is off, the light bulb connected to the switch won't respond to remote commands from your phone or Alexa. Turning the switch on allows you to control the light remotely. Hope that helps!
- QuestionDoes the bridge have to be hooked to erthnet or will it work wireless internet (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf you have a Google Home (like the amazon echo) do you still need the bridge or hub to control the bulbs or can you just connect them to the Google home app under the Phillip Hues add on and control them that way? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWill these work on a 3 way switch? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs there a light bulb that works with the Philips Hue bridge that is more than 60 watt?.... I'm looking for a bit more light than what a 60 watt provides. (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo u need to purchase anything else or just the bulb? (5 Answers)Answers
If you already have a Smartthings hub or a compatible hub from another brand, you only need the light bulb. But if you don't own a hub, either you buy Philips one (but it's only doing light stuff), either you buy a smartthings hub or a nest etc... The bulb works also as conventional lamps so it can switch on and off by your wall switch but ni that case you won't be able to dim it.
- QuestionHub question (10 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions