Questions & Answers
- QuestionAre these compatible with wired stereo systems? (11 Answers)Answers
The Polk Audio 5-1/4" Bookshelf Speakers are compatible with wired stereo systems. These speakers need a Stereo Receiver / Amp to power them, they do not have an Amp build in. They handle 100 watts @ peak power so they would be good for an Stereo Receiver / Amp with about 85 watt out put or as rear speakers on a surround system.
- Questionare these tv speakers (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat are the demensions (3 Answers)
- QuestionCan you use these for front & rear speakers. I have 2 front speakers, 2 smaller rear speakers, a center speaker and a sub-woofer. Can I use them for the 2 front and 2 rear ? Center is ok sub woofer is ok. (9 Answers)Answers
- Questionpowerful party speakers for laptop (11 Answers)Answers
These bookshelf speakers are excellent and but it depend on the DJ equipment powering the speakers. I have an Onkyo receiver I tested with my set and it work well at low-mid volume but higher volumes may be too much. If you have a stereo receiver and not I high end amplifier, these speakers will more than serve it purpose.
- QuestionWhat else I also need to setting it? Cable? Thank you. (10 Answers)Answers
- Questionwill they plug into my 50" Sanyo tv? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes these speakers have built in amplifiers (5 Answers)
- Questionwhat specific mounting hardware is needed to mount these to the wall? (10 Answers)Answers
They have a keyhole cut into back of speaker that will allow them to be flush mounted with a well placed/secure screw. Or Best Buy sales a nice set of speaker mounts in their TV department. Usually located adjacent to the flat screen mounts.
- QuestionI need speakers to connect to my Sony CD player. I did have it connected by red/white cable to a receiver. Do I need a receiver? Or can I connect CD player directly to speakers with cables. There is no place for speaker wire on the CD player. (4 Answers)Answers
Sorry, can't hook the CD player directly to these speakers. The CD player has to have amplification before it can be heard. Therefore you must use a receiver or amplifier for these speakers. You may be able to hook the CD player directly to powered speakers without an amp or receiver but I am not 100% certain of this. Probably should ask a tech.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions