Questions & Answers
- QuestionWill this show video only when they push the button or will it show video based on movement or both (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this work on two phone? (10 Answers)
- QuestionHow secure is the mounting? What's to stop someone from taking a small pry bar and yanking it off the door frame? (5 Answers)Answers
Nothing - if someone wants to take a pry bar to the frame they will get it - damaging both the ring and your door at the same time. There are built in theft deterrents that will make it hard to steal, but if someone REALLY wants it, they will get it. The good news is that Ring has a policy that they will replace the doorbell if it ever gets stolen so you will have that security blanket for the life that you are a customer.
- QuestionHow much is it to get recorded on to the cloud a month and what are my options (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill my current chime work with this devise? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs it waterproof? Can I put it at the outside gate? (5 Answers)Answers
They are meant to be outside and mine has been through rain and snow already so I'm thinking it's at least weather/water resistant. Mine is mounted to the outside of a metal screen door and I haven't had any issues. The bigger issue for you may be the distance from the gate to your house as they do need to connect to WiFi.
- QuestionIs it hardwired? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it do audio? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan you set the distance it will detect movement, as in 5ft or 10ft. Or do they have to be right on it for it to detect someone? (5 Answers)
- QuestionThis is an expensive door bell. What prevents someone from stealing it? (5 Answers)Answers
Ring has a few built in security devices to deter theft, but if someone wants it, they are going to get it. The good news is that Ring has a warranty/policy that they will replace your doorbell if it ever gets stolen, so you will always have that security policy for the life of the device or the company.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions