Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $39.99
QuestionHow do I register products plugged into surge protector for warranty?Warranty for protection of products connected
- Answer There is no registration for products that you have connected to the surge protector. If you experience a surge and need to pursue the connected equipment guarantee, please contact our call center at 1-800-620-2790 any day from 8am to 9pm CST.
QuestionHow long is the plug in cord? Does it have a 90 degree plug in? I am looking for about a 9' cord with a 90 degree or flat plug in.
- Answer They have several lengths to chose from mine is 6FT with 90 degree plug
QuestionWhat is the maximum load in Watts this will handle before the built-in circuit breaker trips? Specs say it is 105 Ams and 400 volts. That would be about 42000 Watts... that can't be right!?
- Answer You can't believe everything you read, even spec sheets. No way this power strip is 105 amps. Probably a typo. Typically, these units will trip out at 15 amps. The 14 ga or 16 ga wire used in the power cord is also only rated at or around 15 amps. Since this unit is designed for 120 vac, the 400 volt rating doesn't make any sense (unless it is referring to what the individual ratings are for the different components that make up the product. The other possibility is that the specs you are referring to is what the surge protection system is designed to handle, which is nothing to do with the power strips nominal operating parameters.
QuestionAre you able to mount this in anyway to hide the wires for a clean look? If there are any limitations, what are they?
- Answer This surge protector is wall mountable. No limitations listed.
- Answer No, would need a convert and use only 110v devices with is.
QuestionWhat is the warranty on this? What is the protection guarantee for items connected to the surge protector?
- Answer The manufacturer warranty covers parts and labor of the surge protector for one year. This surge protector also comes with a $200,000 connected equipment guarantee.
- Answer It works with US two prong plugs. There are plugs from other countries that are two prong that won’t work. The following web page link shows the type of plugs that work in this surge protector. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NEMA-AC-Power-Plugs.jpg.
- Answer That is not normal. It should make a click sound each time it’s pressed.
Questionstates a 1 year warranty on parts/labor for the surge protector itself and a lifetime equipment warranty covering up to $200K in damages. If the surge protector fails (due to a malfunctioning plug port etc) after 1yr is there coverage for equip or not?
- Answer I doubt a malfmuntioning unit will cover a loss. If you are concerned about coverage on a loss. Get a nice battery backup surge protector with an extended warranty.
QuestionMy rocketfish surge protector grounded and protected lights went out after a storm tonite. My computer flashed off amd back on really fast and my monitor went into safe mode. Does this mean that the surge protector is done for. It still powers stuff.
- Answer Yes. Once the lights are comolete out, yiu need to replace it.
- Answer Three
- Answer As stated in the product description, the cord is 5' softplex material.
- Answer Here are the specifications: (LN, LG, NG) = (400, 400, 400)
QuestionWhat is the purpose of the last outlet that is spaced more than the others? Does it offer any more protection than the others or is it for space?
- Answer I believe the purpose is to accommodate a device plus that is so wide it could cover more than one outlet, making any covered outlet on the strip unusable.
QuestionCan I use this Rocketfish 7-outlet power strip with 240V power supply when I travel overseas?
- Answer No. It's designed for 110V. 240V plugs have different plugs.
QuestionIt states it has 2 USB ports with a total of 2.1A output. Does each port on its own output 2.1A or is a combined total?
- Answer The manual says it is the combined total.