Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $944.99
QuestionYou can see in the picture the way the door swings. I need it to swing the other way. Can that be done before it arrives or does the consumer have to do it
- Answer Hi, Barb, the doors are reversible and would need to be done during installation. ^Rosi
- Answer The fridge is not on heavy duty wheels like older fridges.. but circle thingys that do slid pretty good.
QuestionCan the bottom refrigerator half be switched to function as a freezer? Or is the only 'flex' option to convert the top freezer half into added fridge space?? Looking for a 1/3 fridge 2/3 freezer combo if possible.. Thanks so much!
- Answer Answer is no. The control box has a Freezer converter touch button and it only operates for the freezer compartment itself to a refrigerator. You can remove the ice maker box tray for more space.
QuestionThe door hinges are currently on the right side so the door swings open left to right. Is it possible to move the door hinges to the left side so the door swings right to left?
- Answer Thanks for asking, Ales! Yes, you can reverse the doors on this model refrigerator. You can even find detailed instructions on how to do this beginning on page 35 of the user manual (https://bit.ly/2JFaggu). ^Jecca
- Answer The answer is yes. I wanted the 213 model, but it's been discontinued. Take out 2 philips screws in the front (recessed), unplug the connector, slide it toward you & out it comes. Only takes a couple of minutes. The time consuming thing for me was finding the cover to put over the opening. DA63-08988A is the part #
QuestionThe ice the refrigerator makes does not taste good, is there a filter I can use so the ice tastes better? I don't have a home water filter for the water going to the ice make so I just need to know if there is a filter I can use for the water supply line.
- Answer I purchased an inline filter for taste and to removed minerals and chemicals. Works rally well and taste is wonderfull. Keep in mind, when you add any new filter, you should throw out the first days worth of ice to ensure enough water has passed through to be completely filtered and clean.
QuestionCan this refrigerator be ordered without the ice maker? I don't want one and I wouldn't know how to remove one. Thank you
- Answer You can order the refrigerator with or without an icemaker at the time of purchase and you and you have the option of having one placed in your freezer just not hooked up and running in case you need one for the future. But yes you can order the unit without any ice making capability at all
QuestionWhat is the texture and paint job like for the white fridge? Is it glossy, matte, similar to the stainless texture?
- Answer It is not textured and is more shiny than matte.
QuestionThere is a black warranty sticker on the upper right side of the the unit. Does this come off? We started trying to, and a clear plastic layer came off but the rest seems resistant.
- Answer I'm happy to help with this! The sticker on the front outside of the refrigerator is removable. This link (https://bit.ly/35hg2OK) has some tips on removing it. However, the model and serial number decal on the inside of the refrigerator is required in order to receive warranty service. ^Jecca
QuestionI need the door to swing from the right. Does the price for installation include changing the door to swing right to left. I’m 72 and won’t be able to lift the frig per instuctions
- Answer I reversed the door swing myself, but I did not want to lay the fridge on its back to do so by myself, as the instructions direct. It can be done with it upright, but it’s tedious, and the instructions are not particularly clear at times. I’m sure installation would charge extra to reverse the door, because even if done exactly per the instructions, it’s time consuming for this particular fridge, lots of parts swapping along with some rerouting wires.
QuestionDoes this refrigerator come equipped with a built in water filter. If so, where is it located? My ice has a funny taste to it. I let the ice maker run for a couple of days and dump the ice as instructed in the manual, but did not help. Thank you!!!
- Answer Hello, this unit does not have an internal water filter. ^Britt
QuestionIs the refrigerator garage ready ? Since garage is not insulated and temperatures can be extreme.
- Answer Great question, Parry! Page 15 of the user manual (https://bit.ly/3sXgZFL) recommends the refrigerator be installed in a location in the temperature range of 50 °F (10 °C) to 109 °F (43 °C). ^Jecca
QuestionDo the random popping/cracking noises lessen over time? So disappointing. The manual says it's normal to hear cracking noises as the internals expand and contract. My 14 year old fridge never did this. :(
- Answer Nope, the popping, cracking noises seem to be a permanent part of the operation of this refrigeratior.
Questionafter the fridge is on should the middle divider between both compartments be getting hot ? should I be concerned or let the fridge continue to do its thing after being plugged in for the first time ? thank you.
- Answer The Mullion Heater surrounds the entire area around the outside of the freezer so it wont sweat. All refrigerators have this heater.