Questions & Answers
- Answer It is set up to vent outside at time of purchase. If you prefer recirculating or have no exterior vent to attach to, remove two screws and simply flip the fan 180 degrees and reinstall with two screws. Easy switch.
- Answer Yes, this model is new and made in Malaysia. The door opens by pushing the tab under the door.
- Answer The microwave may be configured at time of installation for one of three ventilation types: A. Outside top exhaust (vertical duct) B. Recirculating (non-vented ductless) C. Outside back exhaust (horizontal duct) So, yes, recirculating (non-vented ductless) configuration does not require a vent going to the roof, or any venting to the outside at all; the steam and cooking smoke are directed to a charcoal filter, then out the front, through the grille over the door.
- Answer To change the power level from 100%, enter the length of time, then hit OK, then set the power level with one of the number buttons (1,2,...,9), then START.
QuestionOn the inside of the microwave there is a area on the right side and on the top of the inside that is the color of cardboard that has silver screws , I read the manual and it doesn’t say anything about the screws being removed just want to make sure
- Answer Just leave it. That’s part of the sensor cooking
QuestionWhat are the dimensions of the vent ductwork exiting the back of the unit and where is the opening located on the unit. I need the dimensions so I can run the venting through the wall?
- Answer opening is situated at the top of the microwave, it's in rectangular shape, approximative measurements are 10" x 3.4" (check with the manufacturer for exact dimensions). I my case it fitted perfectly on the previous ductwork, which was created more than 30 years ago (?!?) Very important, you have to have an electrical outlet situated near the top of the microwave, the cord is short.
QuestionMy appliances are normal shiny stainless steel that does not have fingerprint coating. I need to purchase a microwave that will coordinate. Does anyone know if this fingerprint resistant stainless steel will look okay with the shiny stainless steel. ?
- Answer Yes it matches my other non resistant stainless steel appliances.
- Answer This microwave has a pair of lights on the underside, one left and one right. The control on the front panel of the door allows three brightness settings for the lights.
- Answer Vent works great. They give you three options for ventilation, front, back and recirculate through the front. The motor has multiple speeds and is quiet.
- Answer We recently purchased this microwave. My husband installed it...yes, it is vented to the outside through the roof. Our vent goes through cabinets above the microwave through the roof. I don't know the cfm, but it has several vent speeds and seems plenty powerful. It is mounted above the Samsung convection oven we purchased at the same time. Pleased with both appliances so far.
- Answer If used as countertop, set up recirculating fan per previous answer. However make sure you take out light bulbs on the bottom of the unit as it is possible if they come on, they could over heat and burn whatever top the unit is sitting on