Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,879.99
QuestionHave the ice makers been redesigned. I currently have the older model which the ice maker has been replaced or repaired 4 times. NOW no service for Samsung in our area. last repairman told me Samsung has no more information or parts to fix......
- Answer The ice maker has been redesigned. I had an older model and had issues with the ice-maker "freezing" with frost, jamming the auto ice dispenser. Now have a new model with a redesigned ice maker and have had no issues.
- Answer Hey Darcy! This refrigerator does have gallon door bins. ^Jecca
QuestionReceived this fridge two days ago and immediately noticed it had, and still has, a strong chemical type odor all throughout (we have no food or anything in the fridge - it's totally empty). Is this odor normal and is the fridge to use with this odor??
- Answer We pulled everything out and washed everything and also wiped the inside down completely. That helped. We are 1 month in and no smell.
QuestionCan you use the flex drawer for frozen food. I need easy access for my elderly mother that uses a walker, the big drawer is to low and heavy.
- Answer only goes down to 34 degree
- Answer The left side shelves are not adjustable.
QuestionIs the ice tray removable?
- Answer Great question, Chris! The ice tray (where the ice is actually formed) is built in and not removeable. However, the ice bucket (where the ice is dropped and stored) is removeable. In fact, page 60 of the user manual (https://bit.ly/3iP1Odu) has step by step instructions on how to remove the ice bucket. ^Jecca
- Answer Hi Janie! The ice maker is capable of making about 10 pounds of ice a day, however, it is only capable of holding up to 2 pounds of ice at a time. Once the ice bucket is full, the ice maker will stop until some ice is removed. ^Jecca
QuestionHi - can you please confirm the required width necessary for the refrigerator to be functional? The dimensions state 35 3/4" with the doors closed - how much total space in width is necessary to open the doors? Thank you, Rachel
- Answer Hi. Considering the door hinges are in line with the wall. You will need a minimum of 1 1/4 inch of allowance on each side. Hope this helps.
- Answer Absolutely the flex door can be used without freezing amazing deal
- Answer I have great news for you, 3Sung! I just checked our specifications and this model is listed as having the "EZ-Open" handle that lifts up to assist in opening the drawers. ^Jecca
QuestionDoes this fridge only make and dispense ice OR can I also get running water (for example to fill a glass with water to drink) from the door feature?
- Answer Yes it is capable of dispensing water and Ice.
- Answer According to what I found on the filter itself, the number you should look for is DA97-17376b. To find this number check on the filter itself by removing it and looking there. You can find the part numbers listed there.
QuestionHas the issue with water leaking under the crisper drawers been resolved? I have an older model that develope a leak and is very expensive to repair. Love everything about this refrigerator except mopping water from inside and from underneath daily.
- Answer I have no issues with water dripping at all. I love the refrigerator. Its beautiful
QuestionDoes this unit “beep” loudly when the door is left ajar or open? If so is there an option to lower the volume or turn off the annoying beep function?
- Answer Not at all , very well refrigerator
- Answer Yes IceMan, you can remove the ice bucket by pushing up and pulling out. We thank you for choosing Samsung. ^Lena
QuestionI own a Samsung fridge, and my biggest complaint, is that the 1 piece glass bottom shelf, that looks divided, cannot be removed to clean under it. Thru the years, meats, etc have leaked onto it, and seeped underneath. How is one supposed to clean it?
- Answer Hey Pegred! We appreciate you asking about this. I actually have this link (https://bit.ly/3hfFSbM) that can walk you step by step through how to remove any of the shelves and bins in your refrigerator. ^Jecca