Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,399.99
The previous price was $2,699.99
QuestionHave they redesigned the ice maker on this new model from the last few years which caused so many consumers heartache?
- Answer Yes....the original only lasted 3 mos, redesigned icemaker lasted just under a year for me. Frustrating!
QuestionIs there supposed to be a small shelf or bin attached to the door of the freezer? It looks like there is a place for one, but my fridge doesn't have one. ( I'm not talking about the upper sliding drawer inside the freezer; I have that.)
- Answer Yes according to the manual and the door design, there should be a long and narrow freezer door bin. Our older (2008 Samsung french door) refrigerator had one and the manual identifies it too. I went back to the store and none of their floor models came with the door bin. The sales staff had no idea, of course. Now I'm looking for information on the freezer door bin and WHY it doesn't seem to be included. I'm including picture of the location, door support points and the manual illustration with bold print of the component name, "door bin". Anyone know why it's not included?
QuestionIs the 2019 refrigerator model an improvement? I just purchased it & some reviews are disheartening. My current Samsung 3-door went problem-free for over 10 years & just recently had an ice problem. Could it be a gamble because of poor quality control??
- Answer No, the new ones are not an improvement. We have an older one that's been running just fine for a few years now, but the one we bought three quit working overnight and all the food has to be thrown away. I even called Samsung and they said that it's normal for their new refrigerators to fail that way. Just throw everything away, reboot it, and fill it back up again. They say it just happens at random. It could happen again tonight, or it could run for a few months. They say it's normal.
- Answer Great question, Rfullhouse! This model actually has 2 different options depending on exactly what you want. There is an Ice Maker button that will turn the ice maker on/off. There is also a Dispenser Lock feature that will prevent the dispenser from dispensing any water or ice until it is unlocked. ^Jecca
QuestionHas anyone else been delivered a damaged appliance? I had to sent back this Samsung today because it came off the truck with at least two dents on the front. I have not had success with getting any help from Customer Service for over two hours.
- Answer I don't think so. Cause mine has the same issue. As soon as it was delivered photos were taken by the delivery guy and sent to customer service and BB are actually the ones who would call you and offer options for the damaged product. They have replaced mine few days after. BB always has an excellent customer service.
- Answer Hello Mike! I am including a helpful link to the user manual (https://bit.ly/2v6txlq) on page 76 to support your concerns on the water filter. We thank you for being a part of Samsung! ^Lena
QuestionOur four door is a little over a year old and the ice maker freezes up have to defrost to get it working how to stop the problem/
- Answer Ours is brand new not even a month old and we've noticed the same thing. Can't figure out what is going on? Possibly a manufacturers defect?
- Answer Set it in the dumpster and get a different brand. The Samsung refrigerators stop cooling at random and the food spoils. Samsung insists that this is normal.
QuestionI bought this refrig (similar) 8 years ago this October. It has worked fine but last week, it stopped making ice cubes. Could be a valve issue or may need a part. Any ideas of what to check for?
- Answer The old ice makers had some issues. The only thing you can do is replace the ice maker, which is fairly simple. Keep in mind that eventually you will have the same problem. We decided not to invest the money in a repair and just replace the fridge with a new one.
- Answer Yes there is a door alarm if you leave them open.
QuestionI have had this for a week now. I couldn't get it connected to my app but my son got it on his. My question is, why can't I control the temp settings from the fridge control panel? it only shows the temp but won't let me change it
- Answer I'm happy to help with this, CatL! Changing the temperature should be as easy as tapping the "Fridge" or "Freezer" button until the desired temperature is displayed. One thing to note is that once the temperature is set, the display will return to showing the current temperature until the set temperature is reached. Another reason you may be having difficulty is if the control lock is engaged. You can determine this by locating the lock icon just above the "Door Alarm" button. If this icon is lit up, the control panel is locked, and you will need to press and hold "Door Alarm" for about 3 seconds. You should hear a chime and the lock icon will turn off indicating the control panel is now unlocked. I am also providing this link (https://bit.ly/3vRt7t5) to the user manual for additional information on using all the great features this model has to offer. ^Jecca
- Answer Hi Paul! This model is not listed as frost free, but Samsung does use advanced technology to help prevent frost from accumulating. I can also provide this link (https://bit.ly/2RwAZRF) that has all the best tips and advice on removing and preventing frost in your freezer. ^Jecca
QuestionThis morning I bought a Samsung refrigerator model 1317613. When I was looking at the reviews, I found out this refrigerator has a problem with its ice maker. I like to know ,if Samsung has fixed the problem for the new models?
- Answer Not really. The ice maker will freeze up if you don't empty it often enough. We had to get a warranty repair.
QuestionHOW DO I PUT THE APP ON MY PHONE, AND HOW DO I ADJUST THE TEMPERATURE INSIDE THE REFRIDGERATOR?
- Answer Hello! To adjust the temperature touch Fridge or Freezer repeatedly until you reach the desired setting. This will adjust the temperature down one degree (or temperature bar) each time. After it reaches the lowest setting, it will cycle around to the highest. In addition, here is a helpful link to support your concerns on the SmartThings app (https://bit.ly/2XXighx). Thank you for choosing Samsung! ^Lena
QuestionJust got this baby today. One thing that I think is wrong is the flex drawer. For some reason I did not feel any cold air from the flex zone at all after leaving it closed 5 hours since the installation. Is this normal?
- Answer Hi Tristian! It is normal for the refrigerator to take up to 24 hours after installation to fully cool. If you're still concerned about the FlexZone temperature after that, I recommend looking over the information in this link: https://bit.ly/2QbS7rj. ^Jecca