Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $269.99
QuestionWhat is difference between a UN32M5300 and a 32N5300 and their production year? I have seen reference to M5300 called “top for 2018” and N5300 as “New.” Please explain!
- Answer Hello PamP, UN32M5300 is a 2017 model and 32N5300 is a 2018 model. ^Britt
QuestionDoes the TV only work on WIFI? We are looking for one to just connect to Comcast Cable Service, not WIFI?
- Answer Good thing you don't want WiFi!! Yes, you can connect to Comcast. SAM-SUNG has sung his last tune for me! Samsung Model UN32J5500: after two months I can no longer connect to my wireless network. I have 13 devices in the house that CAN connect to any of my 3 networks, but not my Samsung. Search the internet and you will read PLENTY of users with the exact same issue. The TV sits next to me at my home office, and my computer and phone are both on wifi but not my Samsung. SMART HUB is not so smart! As far as brands, choose any other. I purchased : July 20, 2018 at Best Buy
QuestionI have experienced two incidents where the tv has not turned on. Had to change the wall outlet the tv was connected to. Outlet tested fine. Does this model have electical issues?
- Answer I have experienced this same issue. Sometimes it won't turn on and sometimes only the sound comes on. I returned the first one, but the replacement has the same issue, just not as frequently. When it happens, I unplug the power then replug and then turn it on. If the problem persists I will return it to Best Buy and get a different model. They were great to work with when I returned the first one.
Questionwhat is the width from leg to leg of the stand? i have a table that is 24" wide and i am trying to figure out if the stand will be able to fit on it or if the table is too small and the legs of the stand wont fit.
- Answer Chris, The supporting feet measure 26.75” from outside edge to outside edge. I hope this helps. Jimmy
- Answer Don't confuse HDR as in High Definition Recorder and Samsungs HDR which stands for. "High Dynamic Range" which are 2 totally different features! Yrs this TV has HDR as in "High Dynamic Range" it does NOT have a HDRecorder as in a TIVO, satellite box or cable box!
QuestionI'm interested in this TV for the bedroom and must ask, does it have a sleep timer function on the remote or TV?
- Answer Yes, this TV has a sleep timer.
- Answer yes my son set it up with my Samsung galaxy in minutes
- Answer Yes, there is a Hulu app built into the TV and it does support Live streaming.
QuestionHow many HDMI plugs does this model have? I will be using it for both my Direct tv and my night owl security viewing while at home.
- Answer It has 2 HDMI inputs, plus a set of Component jacks (Red, Green, Blue plus Audio L & R), and an F-type coax input. It can also connect to your home network via either WiFi or ethernet. There is also a digital audio output for connecting to a sound bar.
QuestionIt says it is "Smart" but then mentions "casting compatible apps". Does this TV support the Samsung Tizen Smart App platform or not (for downloadable apps.)
- Answer This does not have a Tizen Smart App Platform. Although this is a 2018 Model it is operating on a 2003 operating system. It will not find the CBS All Access App!
QuestionWhat apps can be streamed? Looking for a complete list somewhere? Other than Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Hulu. Spotify?
- Answer These are the apps that can be streamed: Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, Sling TV and YouTube.
QuestionI need a smart tv that’s no more than 26 inches high and 32 inches wide as total dimensions, which would fit the space. What models would you recommend?
- Answer First....DO NOT go with the Samsung TVs. There is a flaw in the circuit boards on many of the different models that require you to send the TV to an authorized repairman to have fixed. And who wants to have a brand new tv repaired coming right out of the box? The problem is that the tv DOES NOT turn back on without unplugging it each time. This is a well known issue with Samsung models made within the past 2 years. I bought one that did that and after reading hundreds of reviews on many different sites including this site, I returned that tv and bought a different brand. What I now have is another 32 inch tv...the........ LG - 32" Class - LED - 720p - Smart - HDTV ... Model number ... 32LK540BPUA .... I am extremely satisfied with it and there are plenty of great apps that you can download for it. It measures 19 1/2 inches tall and 28 3/4 wide. It does everything I need it to do app wise and the picture and sound is great. i hope this helps!
I would recommend:
QuestionCan I purchase a different stand for this TV? I would like a stand with a base so that I can turn the whole unit when I watch. Also, the table I am going to have the TV on in my office is only 24" wide, so the stand in the box will be too wide. Thanks.
- Answer There are 4 threaded mounting holes in a square pattern on the back. The set up instructions include specs for the 32 inch TV mounting hole pattern as being 100 X 100 millimeters square, center to center. However, these threaded mounting holes are attached to a thin plastic back panel, which has some flex in that panel, so any mounting device needs to be rigid. There is a warning not to over tightened the screws, nor to use screws that are longer than recommended. The TV is very lightweight though. The TV's set up instructions for mounting the TV on a wall recommends using a wall mount kit, sold by Samsung customer care, with a contact number for customer care. It's meant for on the wall type hangers, but there might be other swivel type stands, but the stands would have to be heavy enough to counterbalance a rotating TV. The TV is very light weight; I can easily lift it with one arm. A quick internet search shows several swivel stands available, just make sure you get one that can match the 4 mounting holes on the TV, or can be adjusted to match. The TV mounting holes are in a Square pattern 4 inches center to center, which matched the TV 100mmx100mm exactly. One minor problem I had was the 3 cable component receptacles on the back are used to connect X-box game, and the wall mount I have has a large sized flat plate to accommodate several TV mounting hole patterns; To avoid covering the 3 cable component receptacles with the mounting plate, I had to mount the TV slightly off center. For a wall mounted swing type, you can't tell, but for a table top mount, that might look off center. The connectors on the back, that might interfere are the component banana type receptacles, the audio optical receptacle, and the TV cable receptacle (see attached photo). The other receptacles, HDMI 1, HDMI2, LAN, USB and AC power are on a side mount in the back and were not a problem with my wall mount bracket. I have mine mounted to a wall mount, that not only extends but also swivels. My mount had numerous hole patterns so there was one pattern that matched exactly, I used my existing wall mount adjusting washers and screws, be sure to check the screws are compatible first, in thread pitch and length. Set up instructions recommend screw M4 with pitch 0.7mm.
QuestionIs this TV's power adapter located inside the TV, meaning the power cable goes directly from the wall into the TV? Or is the adapter outside the TV? I am going to hang the TV on a wall so don't want a power adapter that I have to hide. Thanks!
- Answer There is no external power adapter. The TV plugs directly into the wall.
QuestionDoes this tv have RCA input? The yellow/red/green cables to connect a Ps2. If somebody could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated!
- Answer It has 5 RCA jacks: Red, Green, and Blue for Component video, plus Left & Right audio. The Green Component video jack can be used for Composite video if that all you have. If your source only has three cables, it's Composite video and they should be Yellow, Red, & White (not yellow/red/green). Plug the Yellow cable into the Green Component video jack (which is actually colored part Green and part Yellow), and plug the Red and White cables into the Red and White audio jacks. If your cables really are yellow/red/green, then you need to consult your owner's manual to find out what signals these cables are actually carrying.
QuestionCan I just connect an hdmi cable from my laptop to this tv and have sound come through my receiver/ speakers connected to the tv?
- Answer I think the proper way to configure the cables to do what you want to do is to hook the laptop to the AV receiver through an HDMI cable. Then run another HDMI cable to the HDMI 1 input of the TV which has the ARC (Audio Return Channel) so your remote for the TV can control the sound coming from the Audio Receiver and speakers hooked to it. If you hook the Computer to the TV on one of the two HDMI ports, you will only get sound from the TV speakers and not from the receiver. Remember that there are only two HDMI inputs on this model TV and only one of them is an ARC port meaning two way audio. I suppose a third way to hook up audio is to use a Toslink (optical) cable back to the receiver to feed the audio from the TV, but you still need to get the video signal and HDMI seems to be the best way to do both audio and video in one cable. If your receiver does not have HDMI inputs and outputs, you will need to use RCA cables and that won't provide nearly as good of a result.
QuestionIs it a wireless smart tv that I can immediately connect to my WiFi or do I need to purchase some sort of attachment
- Answer Yes, this PC has WiFi.
QuestionCan I record tv programs from this set using an HDD or USB? Samsung support said I cannot record from this television period, end of story. That doesn't sound right. If that is true I am returning mine.
- Answer The answer from Samsung is correct...but you're asking the wrong question. One doesn't "record from a TV set". Instead, you connect your recording device (such as a TiVo which has a built-in HDD or some other device that works with your computer or an attached HDD) to the program source (such as a set-top box or antenna), and then you connect your TV to the output of the recording device (plus whatever other sources you may have available). So the connection goes like this: program source --> recording device --> TV set NOT like this: program source --> TV set --> recording device