Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $229.99
The previous price was $269.99
QuestionCan I record tv programs from this set using an HDD or USB? Samsung support said I cannot record from this television period, end of story. That doesn't sound right. If that is true I am returning mine.
- Answer The answer from Samsung is correct...but you're asking the wrong question. One doesn't "record from a TV set". Instead, you connect your recording device (such as a TiVo which has a built-in HDD or some other device that works with your computer or an attached HDD) to the program source (such as a set-top box or antenna), and then you connect your TV to the output of the recording device (plus whatever other sources you may have available). So the connection goes like this: program source --> recording device --> TV set NOT like this: program source --> TV set --> recording device
QuestionDoes the Samsung UN32N5300AFXZA come equipped with Amazon Prime for streaming tv shows and movies?
- Answer Yes, it does come with the Amazon Prime Video app already installed in the Smart Hub. You need to have an Amazon Prime account, or sign up and pay for Prime Video in order to actually use it.
QuestionDoes this tv do Bluetooth? For instance, will it "pair" with a Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth hearing aids?
- Answer Hello Locustridge, this unit does not have Bluetooth capabilities. ^Britt
- Answer Yes, the TV came with Netflix and Hulu already installed, but my daughter said, if it's not there, you can always go to the APPs on the TV and download it.
- Answer yes but would not recommend. displays green funny. Also, if you start the TV before your computer (or heaven forbid your computer goes to sleep) it turns the whole screen green and purple. it goes away if you just restart the TV, but for a computer screen....its functional but I'd give it a 2/5 for PC Monitor ability. would not recommend.
QuestionCan I access Roku (or a Roku app) so I can utilize the Roku app and preferences from an account that is established on my 55" Roku-enabled primary TV (not a streaming stick or box), as this will be used in the bedroom?
- Answer Yes. During setup you'll be given an opportunity to put in your Roku password, which keys in your account info.
Questionis assembly required for this tv - specifically legs/table mount to monitor or is it fully assembled and just remove straight from box? Planning on buying for elderly relative in another state and I won't be able to help. Thanks!
- Answer Yes, you just have screw the legs on. The rest is all assembled.
- Answer I own a Samsung TV and had the same question.....right now the answer is no. You have to go to the Web Applications section and type in Britbox.com, save as a favorite and watch in this manner for now. Maybe in the future Samsung will have an app similar to Netflix, or AmazonPrime for Britbox.
- Answer Depends, the television's only output is a digital optical output. So if you connect to most old and probably any new sound bar with wireless subwoofer it works. Any headphones / audio reciever with a base capable of recieving optical cable. If whatever you connect it to only allows the 3.5mm connection then no. Not all wireless headphones have a base capable of taking digital optical, pretty much any new audio reciever would. This television ONLY has a digital audio ouput.
QuestionWhat is thn?e width of the twp stand mounts ? Trying to figure out of it will fit ny current stand which is 25"
- Answer The two stand supports are 8” long and angle from the front corners toward the center. They are 27” apart, measuring outside to outside of the supports at the widest part.
- Answer Yes you can get Netflix
QuestionCan I connect a DVI to HDMI cable from my computer to use as a monitor and will audio be transmitted with this type of connector?
- Answer Yes, you can use an HDMI to DVI cable to connect to your PC however the audio will not be transmitted. External speakers must be connected to the PC or if your PC has Optical audio out, you can connect that to the TV's optical audio port.
QuestionWhat are the actual dimensions
- Answer The product dimensions are as follows: Height With Stand 18.2 inches Width 28.9 inches Depth With Stand 6.4 inches Height Without Stand 17.3 inches Depth Without Stand 3.1 inches Weight With Stand 9.5 pounds Weight Without Stand 9.3 pounds Stand Width 5.4 inches Stand Depth 1.8 inches While the box dimensions are 20.9 inches in height, 31.7 inches in width and 5.6 inches in depth.
- Answer Yes, this TV will be cable ready.
Questioni would like to use this tv primarily for outside viewing. is this model ok or do you have a recommendation in this price range that would be better for that purpose
- Answer Although the N 5300 has a very bright screen, I don't think it would be my choice for an outdoor TV. It is VERY lightweight and I am all but certain that the components are not built for outdoor environments with heat and humidity along with possible exposure to rain. Best Buy sells TVs specifically made for outdoor use, but they are many times the price of this model. If you can bring it back inside out of the weather when finished watching, it might do OK for you. I have a similar situation on my boat with one Samsung TV in the salon which is almost like having it at home and another Samsung on deck, but under canvas. After watching the one on deck, we take it back below for storage and so far it has lasted 4 years. On cloudy days it is just fine but on bright and sunny days, it just is not bright enough. Your mileage may vary!
QuestionHello, I just purchased a Samsung 32 inch TV. The model number is UN32N5300AF. Question, Is this TV bluetooth capable? If not, is there a way to use wireless headphones with this TV? I couldn't locate an external earphone Jack. Thanks. MD
- Answer It is not bluetooth. After googling, it seems that all the software is preloaded but the bluetooth feature is not enabled on the 32".