Questions & Answers
- QuestionA knowledgeable Best Buy rep told me yesterday that the KU6300 series sets do not really offer HDR display. I.e. they can broadcast HDR material but don't actually show it with the added aspects/benefits that HDR provides. True or not? (4 Answers)Answers
It's true. The KU series TVs do not meet the new Ultra HD Premium standards agreed upon by television manufacturers (notice they just say "HDR Premium"). The new standard sets must have a wide color gamut and peak brightness over 1000 nits, among other things. None of the cheaper models of any manufacturer meet this standard. Like Samsung's budget 4k TVs, they just map the HDR signal to match the lower capabilities of these televisions. Usually that means the TV will max out it's setting for the brightest, colorful picture it's capable of. The good news is that these new lower cost sets are brighter, clearer, and have better color accuracy than the cheap sets from a year or so ago. The new Ultra HD Premium TVs need actual HDR content to really shine anyway, just like 4k TVs need actual 4k to look better than 1080p.
- QuestionWhat is the main difference between this model and UN55KS8000 that explains why the cost for the later is $600 more? (2 Answers)Answers
The UN55KS8000 is a 4K SUHD TV. The UN55KU6300 is a 4K UHD TV The UN55KS8000 has Motion Rate 240 vs. Motion Rate 120 for the UN55KU6300 The UN55KS8000 has HDR1000 High Dynamic Range which produces better details than the UN55KU6300 HDR Premium The UN55KS8000 has Quantum Dot Color (up to a billion colors); UN55KU6300 has PurColor (millions of colors)
- QuestionWhat do you get for the extra $100 price vs the similar KU6290 model. Side by side they look same. Worth it? (2 Answers)Answers
From a chat via Samsung's website with a Samsung rep the differences between the ku6300 and the ku6290 are as follows. The ku6300 has Bluetooth whereas the ku6290 does not. Also, even though the remotes for both sets look the same, they are different. The ku6300 series remote has a few features like voice recognition that the ku6290 does not. With regards to picture quality, refresh rate, frame, stand and #of connections they are the same TV.
- QuestionWhat is the difference between this Samsung 55 LED Smart TV 2160 P 4 K UHD and the one with different SKU you now offer at 699.99 (4 Answers)Answers
Both tv's are 2016 model as are all "ku" series. The 6300 has a remote with voice recognition and a few other features and Bluetooth, whereas the 6290 does not. In regards to build, picture, refresh rate etc. The sets are exactly the same.
- QuestionDoes this TV have a 3.5mm audio out port? Also does it connect to bluetooth speakers like previous samsung tvs? Thanks (3 Answers)
- QuestionHow wide is the stand? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this TV have picture in picture? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this tv have roku or Amazon? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat are the outside dimensions of this tv? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the base of this TV pivot to provide the viewer the option to turn it to face different rooms / angles? (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions