Questions & Answers
QuestionCan this be wall mounted?
- Answer Hi there! You can mount the 55TU8300 with any universal wall mount with a VESA Standard of 200mm x 200mm. Check out some compatible wall mounts at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&iht=y&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&qp=tvmountsize_facet%3DTV%20Size%20Compatibility~55%20-%2064%22&sc=Global&st=wall%20mounts&type=page&usc=All%20Categories ^Gina
QuestionJust looked at description and want to verify. This TV does NOT have a digital optical output? No composite cable output to connect to stereo?
- Answer Hi there, The Samsung - 55" Class TU8300 Curved LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV does have a digital optical output, as well as a coaxial input, but does not have a composite output. Hope this helps! ^Scott
- Answer Hi Jeff, The distance between the two legs on the 55TU8300 is: 40.6 inches. ^Celina
- Answer 8300 series means. 2020 model of the tv. 7300 series means. It's a older model of a tv. I went with the 8300. I hope this helps.
- Answer Hi Joe! Yes, the TU8300 features a voice remote allowing you to access voice control capabilities through Bixby, Alexa, or Google Assistant. You can select your favorite voice assistant during the setup, or through the voice settings in the TV menu. ^Tim
- Answer The sound comes out of the back of the tv. I hooked it up to a Yamaha receiver and speakers. Sounds great.
- Answer Wireless, super easy to use.
QuestionHi, I see it has Bluetooth. I own an older Samsung TV and Samsung DVD player which I use via Bluetooth, I guess, since its not directly connected to my tv. Does Bluetooth on this TV mean I can use my Samsung Buds Live with this TV? Thanks
- Answer Hi Laurent7465! The TU8300 comes with Bluetooth capabilities, which means it can wirelessly connect to speakers, headphones, hearing aids, and other devices. Connect a Bluetooth Soundbar to your TV to get the most out of your favorite movie, or connect headphones so you can have a private screening. You can even pair a Bluetooth keyboard or gamepad to make searching for movies and shows easier than ever. ^Tim
QuestionHDR format? It looks like this curved TV is part of the "TU" product line which the 8 series trim specifies the HDR format is "HDR10+" but this trim (curved 4k 8300 series) doesn't specify. All it says is "HDR"..any idea which one? Thanks.
- Answer Hello, No, the 55TU8300 does not support HDR10+ only HDR. ^Cristian
QuestionCable here is terrible, sometimes I need to use broadcast TV. 1) Can this TV receive regular, roof antenna broadcast TV and if so ... 2) How does one change channels with no buttons on the remote? Thank You.
- Answer Hi Gerry1! Yes, the TU8300 is compatible with an over the air antenna allowing you to access local TV broadcasts. The remote features channel up and down, as well as a "123" button which brings up an on screen keyboard allowing you to type in the channel you would like to jump to. The TV also features a channel list, and channel guide easily accessible by pressing Home, then navigating to Live TV. With the guide and channel list features you get an easy to read breakdown of the channels available and what is currently showing. ^Tim
- Answer Hi BG! At this time, there is no Peacock app on Samsung TVs; however, you can stream this app by screen mirroring Peacock to your TV using AirPlay on iOS devices, or SmartThings and Smart View on Android devices. ^Gina
QuestionHow can I mount this the table I have is only 36 “ in length, do they make a center stand for this model?
- Answer Unsure, I have a 41 1/2" pedestal.
- Answer It should work with the tv. I have a Samsung sound bar that works great with the tv.
QuestionIS this tv good for gaming? If so what does it have processing wise that will reduce delay lag?
- Answer Hi BangBangSkeetSkeet, Thank you for considering this TV for your gaming. HDR10+ and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM/Auto Game Mode) are available on all 3 HDMI ports for this series. The “HDMI In 2” port additionally supports eARC. However, if you are looking to game at 4K@120fps (FRL), take a look at the Samsung QLED Q70T Series and up. These series in 55" and larger offer 4K@120fps on HDMI 4, as well as have Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and FreeSync. If we can further help, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG. ^Val
QuestionI previously asked if this tv supports the Discovery Plus app. The answer was for the Disney plus app. Please answer for Discovery plus app.
- Answer Hi Al, the Discovery+ app is also available to download in the App Store. ^Val
QuestionDo I have to have the ethernet connected to the 55 inch curve or does it connect with my WIFI ?
- Answer It connects with wifi like any other smart tv.
QuestionWhen i choose the vivid setting for the picture it becomes very white unlike my other Samsung's which the vivid settings makes a beautiful picture.
- Answer Hello Bill, I’m sorry to see that you are having difficulties with the vivid setting. So that we can better troubleshoot towards a solution, please reach out to Samsung Support at: ― Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG / Available 8AM - 12AM EST, 7 days a week ― LiveChat or Email: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support We look forward to hearing from you. ^Cristian