Questions & Answers
QuestionWould this work with T-Mobile 5g network. I mean does it have the support for the bands used by non Verizon carriers?
- Answer T-mobile from what I understand is using more of the lower level of the 5g spectrum....not much faster then Lte. Lower level hits more people at Over a farther range at the expense of speed. Verizon is using mmwave technology that has a shorter range but much faster speeds. So just keep in mind that your 5g device may pickup a 5g signal but if it doesn't have the 5G mmwave tech you won't be able to take advantage of the faster 5G speeds. More then likely you'll get a sub 6 band, good connection but like I said earlier right around LTE speeds. Hope that made some sense.
QuestionI currently have an old LG 5. It has a great camera feature...a manual mode. Does the Samsung FE have that? (I'm thinking not). If not, anyone have success with a 3rd party app that mimics manual mode for Samsung phones?
- Answer Yes, it has a manual mode. This phones cameras are far better than the LG 5.
- Answer The Verizon-specific version does as it has the "UW" (ultra-wideband) designation. For comparison, an unlocked version or one from another carrier would Verizon's "Nationwide 5G" but not the "5G Ultra-wideband" network.
Questioncan I buy the device upfront for the discounted monthly price without making a 24 mo. commitment?
- Answer No. This is a Verizon promotion that does not say it, but locks you into a 2 year contract. If you want to pay off the Verizon contract, they will bill you the balance of the list price minus your payments. Take the deal.
QuestionHow long will the sale for this device last before it reverts to it's original $699 price tag?
- Answer The sale through bestbuy ended already but if you go to samsung.com they have it on sale still
QuestionWill buying Samsung S20 Fe kick me off the Verizon legacy unlimited plan that I am grandfathered into? It looks like it works on 4g, so will I be forced to change to the expensive unlimited plan even if this phone will work on 4g and I don't need 5g?
- Answer I don't know. Sorry can't help Have you called Verizon? The phone is different from the 4 g took time to get used to.
QuestionI want to purchase the Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW, but the fine print says it will switch my plan to a 2GB plan. That is not even offered with Verizon anymore. I want to keep my unlimited. What do I do?
- Answer I purchased the phone about a month ago on Verizon service and have had 0 issues concerning your question. I've even been in a few spots that 5G came through. At no point have I seen anything that gave 2G service and for the most part had 4G pretty much continuous. Maybe contact your provider to clarify. Hope this helps.