Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs this LTE model compatible with any carrier or only AT&T? (2 Answers)Answers
The OFFICIAL answer is that it is only compatible with AT&T. The UNOFFICIAL answer: 1) First check if the bands physically in the phone are compatible with your target operator's network. (Good tool at www.frequencycheck.com ) 2) Check if your operator supports E-SIM's (T-Mobile & AT&T do, VZW is working on it, others coming soon since many supported the development of the E-SIM standard) 3)Request an unlock code from AT&T (www.att.com/deviceunlock/) 4) After AT&T provides you with unlock code, follow instructions (https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/how-to/guide-gear-s3-frontier-765a-carrier-t3537382) to unlock Gear S3. 5) Provide your IMEI and SIM (ICC ID) to new operator.
- QuestionWhy should I buy this s3 frontier over the cheaper s3 frontier? I have an att plan already on my s7. Does buying this s3 open a new contract with att? Does my phone bill increase? (3 Answers)Answers
Of course I would double check with ATT located in the mobile department of the store to conform but here's what I know. If you pay the full retail price as I did it does not start a new contract you can just use the watch normally and connect to your phone but your phone has to be connected via Bluetooth meaning you'll have to have the phone near you for calls, texts, emails, samsung pay etc. If you do pay the discounted price it does start a new 2 yr agreement and you'll be paying $10 a month for the LTE service as the watch has its own connection. This is useful if you want to leave your phone at home and say go hiking 30 mile away and still receive calls and texts on your watch, use the gps tracking or samsung pay without having your phone. If you bought it full price you can still activate it with the monthly service just without a contract.
- QuestionCan I use this like the regular Bluetooth version. I don't want to use the 4lt. (5 Answers)
- QuestionMy dad wants to know if it has to be connected to the phone or if its basically its own phone in watch form. (5 Answers)
- QuestionI called verizon and they said it would be no problem switching from any other carrier to Verizon on the gear s3. Has anyone heard differently? (4 Answers)Answers
- Questionis this phone is unisex (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan you use straight talk phone on att tower with this watch (1 Answer)Answers
If you mean, can i make/receive a call on this watch if I leave my cell phone at home, the answer is a qualified "yes." You will need to have this watch equipped with it's own SIM card (typically free), and then have a line added to your account for it (typically something like an additional $15/month depending on your cell plan). This will give the watch it's own phone number, which you will likely never use because you will likely use "call forwarding" from your cell phone, assuming it supports this functionality (like a lot of Samsung smart phones do). With my Galaxy 8+ and the Gear S3 Frontier, I have had a great experience... if I leave my phone at my desk and wander around my office, eventually my watch will notify me that call forwarding is turned on, and all calls go directly to my watch. However, when i get close back to my phone, it switches back to blue tooth so i can pick which device to answer with incoming calls. Pretty seamless experience for me.
- QuestionCan my Samsung galaxy s5 be paired to it through Bluetooth? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this watch be used with an iPhone 6s? (4 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan I use my cell phone sim card in this watch (4 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions