Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $229.99
The previous price was $279.99
- Answer I have a 2019 Samsung QLED and the remote for the TV works perfectly with the soundbar.
- Answer Hello Dano, Great question! When stepping up from the HW-T450 to the HW-T550, you will gain features such as 2.1Ch, 320W powerful sound, DTS Virtual:X, Surround Sound Expansion (DSP mode), 4 built-in speakers with dedicated amplifiers, Sound optimized to your scene via Smart Sound mode and Bluetooth Multi-connection. ^Cristian
QuestionI have a samsung led TV. Will I be able to control the soundbar with my TV remote if I connect the soundbar via HDMI? Don't really want to connect via bluetooth.
- Answer Samsungfangrl - Yes, you can connect the HW-T550/ZA via HDMI to your television if it has an HMDI connecton labeled ARC. ARC is short for Audio Return Channel. Your TV remote should control the soundbar volume, since your TV will now see the soundbar as part of the TV. ^Cris
QuestionDoes this soundbar have a "Clear Voice" feature? Does this soundbar have a headphone jack, a 3.5 inlet, and/or a HDMI out? How would I be able to connect my wired headphones to this soundbar? How many tweeters/woofers? Thanks for your help.
- Answer Hi Frederico! The HW-T550 is a 2.1 ch soundbar with HDMI compatibility. This soundbar does not feature a 3.5mm audio connection and is not designed to connect to a headphone solution. The soundbar includes one wireless subwoofer. For improved voice clarity I suggest exploring the HW-T650 3.1 ch soundbar with a center channel dedicated to dialog performance. ^Tim
- Answer Hi Kenny! Our soundbars feature the ability to be controlled by the TV remote if connected via HDMI ARC. ^Tim
- Answer Hi Linda, just connect an HDMI or Optical cord to the TV and sound bar, then change the audio output in your TV to "sound bar" and you should be good to go. Thanks, ^Scott
- Answer Hi Katelyn! Yes, the SWA-8500S Rear Speaker Kit is indeed compatible with the HW-T550 Soundbar! ^Gina
QuestionI have a Samsung TV model UN55ES6100FXZA will it support this soundbar? My audio options don't include a "soundbar".
- Answer Yes. You will connect it to your tv via hdmi or digital optical cable.
QuestionI have a Samsung 65' UHD Smart TV. Am I reading it correct that I can connect the sound bar to the tv using bluetooth? Trying to avoid using/showing cords.
- Answer Hello Cooper, Yes, the HW-T550 has both BLUETOOTH® and BLUETOOTH® MULTI-CONNECTION allowing you to connect up to 2 BLUETOOTH devices at the same time. ^Cristian
Questionis the subwoofer wireless? I want to improve clarity of dialogue only on TV - no music usage. Do I even need the subwoofer?
- Answer yes the subwoofer is wireless. I have my plugged up awah from the sound bar it's connected by bluetooth. It does sound good and a great option for the price
QuestionWill this connect via bluetooth to my Samsung smart TV so there are NO cables going up my wall? I want my wall clean.
- Answer Hi Jeffrey, The soundbar does have a Bluetooth pairing option, so you can easily connect it wirelessly to your TV. ^Jeremy
- Answer Hi Fred - The HW-T550 Soundbar features an Optical and HDMI port, as well as Bluetooth connectivity. If your TV includes an Optical/HDMI port or is Bluetooth enabled, you can connect the soundbar to your TV via any of those options. ^Gina
QuestionDoes this work with Alexa?
- Answer Hi Curious, The HW-T550 does not work with an Alexa Device. The first soundbar in our lineup to work with Alexa would be the HW-Q70T. We also have the HW-Q850T, HW-Q900T, HW-Q950T and the HW-S60T that have Alexa Built-In. You can see the full line up here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/speakers/sound-bars/abcat0205007.c?id=abcat0205007&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Samsung ^Jeremy
QuestionCan i plug in a microphone?
- Answer Hi Louie! No, the HW-T550 does not feature a connection for a microphone. Check out Samsung's MX-T50 sound tower for a powerful speaker with microphone support. You can find it at the following link from Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-mx-t50-sound-tower-500w-wireless-speaker-black/6400487.p?skuId=6400487 ^Tim
- Answer Hi Planemark, the subwoofer can have the bass level adjusted up or down at will. The best way to turn it off is to unplug it so it isn't constantly trying to pair with your soundbar. Thanks, ^Scott