Questions & Answers
- QuestionHow long does it take to start cooling/freezing? (7 Answers)
Just bought this refrigerator, and I don't feel any cold in either freezer or refrigerator sections. I call Samsung customer service and they told it takes 24hrs (installer said 5-6 hrs). My concern is that the digital temp display shows -8 deg F (I set it to 34 deg F), but it actually feels warm inside when I open refrigerator. To me there's something wrong, even if it takes 24hrs, I should feel some level of coldness after 5 hrs now.Answers
So just an update, it was in the "Cooling Off" or "Demo Mode", there was no indication "OF" and was not mentioned in the manual or troubleshooting guide. I did live chat with Samsung support and was told to press the Fridge and Light functions on touchscreen at same time for 5 seconds and sure enough, I could actually hear compressor kick-in (before it was quietest frigerator I had ever heard, a dead giveaway something was wrong). When I asked why they would ship to customers in Demo Mode, they explained it was for retailers to save electricity on the showroom floor. That makes sense for retailers, but why implement that as a factory default (or more likely, I was sent a unit that was meant for retailer) and of course the installer used by Best Buy didn't check nor knew about this demo mode. Wasted 5 hrs waiting for the refrigerator to cool. For all future buyers, be aware of this if your refrigerator doesn't get cold initially.
- Questiondoes the refrigerator come with a water filter (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan someone verify the spacing of the 3 main body shelves? The model on the Best Buy floor has fixed shelves that don't match the photos on website. (4 Answers)Answers
The fridge we got essentially has fixed shelves too. The top shelf can be adjusted down by 1.5 inches - it can slide into one of two support groves on the side of the fridge.The second shelf can be adjusted to a half shelf, allowing placement of tall items on the shelf below. Hope this helps.
- QuestionPlease give required side & back wall clearances for warranty to be in effect. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionThere is a note on the tag in the store that says this fridge needs a 38" wide space. I've never heard of that. Ours is 36" Is that wide enough? (3 Answers)
It seems a counter depth fridge usually means that it goes in a smaller space. Since 36" is a standard width for a fridge, it seems odd that you would need a 38" space. This note I am referring to was on this model in another store. I have never heard this from any other source including Samsung's website. ThanksAnswers
- QuestionHeight of refrigerator (6 Answers)
Can someone verify that the height is actually 68.66 inches. Some refrigerators have additional mechanisms on top that actually increase the height requirement. I have a fridge cabinet that is 69" off the floor and need to know if that is enough clearance to slide this unit in.Answers
No. The top of the unit is 69 3/4" off the floor on the high side; the other side is about 1/16" less. There are leveling feet we haven't used yet that would make it higher. The front 5" of the unit is about 5/16" higher due to the door hinges. Our cabinet clearance is 70" and it fits comfortably.
- QuestionIs a waterline kit required for hookup? (3 Answers)Answers
- Questionmy kitchen door is 29.4 inches, will this fridge fit through it? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf the icemaker and water hook up can't be installed because of the location of the water line, can I still buy ice and use the ice thru the door? (6 Answers)Answers
Thanks for your interest in the RH22H9010SR. It's fine to fill the ice bin with bagged ice and dispense it through the door. Be sure to turn the ice maker off by pressing the Ice Maker Off button on the control panel if you aren't connecting the refrigerator to a water supply. This will prevent the sounds associated with the ice maker attempting to draw water to make ice. - Ms. Samsung
- QuestionWhy are some of the shelves in the door blue in color when the majority of the shelves are clear? Is there some special significance to this? (2 Answers)Answers
The two "shelves in the door blue in color" are actually sliding bins. When you open the showcase door, you can pull the 2 blue bins outward for easy access to contents within. I guess the color is probably an indicator for easy recognition. They are also removable to put elsewhere or for cleaning. Very convenient.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions