Questions & Answers
- QuestionBlack rubber flap hanging down in front of kick plate? No mention of this anywhere. Where is it supposed to go? Can't pin it behind kick plate as it falls back in front of the kick plate when the door is opened and closed. Anyone else have this issue? (10 Answers)Answers
I just installed the DW80K5050 dishwasher yesterday and tucked the rubber flap behind the black kick plate. I was out hanging after my first wash. I contacted Samsung and all they could say was that it was supposed to go behind the kick plate and that it is there to help wit the sound. I am going to try gluing an extension onto the flap and see if it will stay behind the kick plate then. Other than that, it seems really well made and cleaned my first load of dishes very well.
- QuestionHow does it dry if not by heat? (4 Answers)Answers
Condensation drying does not utilize a heating element at the bottom of a dishwasher. Instead, it involves a number of dishwashing elements that result in an energy efficient, high-quality drying process: The final rinse uses water that has been heated to a very high temperature. This makes the dishware very hot when the rinse cycle ends. The stainless steel tub of the dishwasher cools faster than the dishware because stainless steel typically cools faster than dishware materials (such as glass and porcelain). Moist air is released from the hot dishware when this moist air comes into contact with the cooler stainless steel tub and turns into water droplets (condensation). These water droplets trickle down to the bottom of the dishwasher and are drained in the next wash. Dishware and cups become dry during this condensation process. Plastics tend to have more difficulty drying because plastic does not heat up to a high temperature during the final rinse like glass/porcelain does. This specific model now has Auto Release The door opens automatically to release steam and let air in. When the door opens, the fan is activated generating an air curtain to protect the countertop. Test results show big improvement in drying (best in class!) Up to 35% improvement in drying and will dry plastics!
- QuestionCan the AutoRelease feature be disabled? If so, how will this affect drying? I'm not sure a toddler and an auto-open dishwasher would go too well together. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf the model does not come with a power cord what should be used or should we hard wire it? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAm I to assume there is a stainless interior on this model also? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it come with the top counter piece? Its shown in one of the pictures. (4 Answers)
- QuestionUnder SPECIFICATIONS it says Automatic Detergent Dispenser........No. What does that mean? (3 Answers)Answers
This washer has a detergent dispenser that you fill before each wash and it releases the dish detergent at the appropriate time during the cycle. That was plenty automatic for my needs. I'm not sure what that specification is referring to - perhaps a dispenser that one loads once with a large volume of detergent that is released over the course of a number of loads?
- QuestionSomeone else asked about NOT DRYING issue. No answer. WILL THE INSIDE BE DRY WHEN CYCLE IS THROUGH....need/want ZERO condensation left over. PLEASE ANSWER (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this dishwasher use a specific type of dishwasher detergent or can I use my cascade pods? (2 Answers)
- QuestionHow many dBA? (3 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions