Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $119.99
The previous price was $139.99
QuestionCan this be used interchangeably between a MAC and Windows device? Or does it need to be formatted for one OR the other?
- Answer MAC or Windows it uses the exFAT file system which means no reformatting needed for each type of computer since it works seamlessly between them.
QuestionCan this be used to clone an iMac internal hard drive and used as the boot disk? I've looked into the procedure to do this and am looking for a good SSD for this purpose. They put very slow hard drives in 2019 iMacs.
- Answer It should work. I have used a Samsung t7 to backup my MacBook Pro and have been able to boot from the backup.
QuestionIf I plug this in to my desktop that only has USB 3.0, how slow will the read write speeds be? Would it still be worth the purchase?
- Answer yes, it even comes with a USB3.0 cord. speed will be determined by your computer port's transfer rate.
QuestionWhat kind of cable do I need in order to connect this drive to an Apple iPad? I need a lighting connector that would connect to this drive (Samsung - T7 1TB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 Portable Solid State Drive with Hardware Encryption )?
- Answer You may need Apple's Lightning-to-USB cable, or Lightning-to-USB 3 camera adapter. For more info on how to connect the drive to ipad read on here- https://www.imore.com/how-use-external-hard-drives-your-iphone-or-ipad
QuestionI noticed I can plug this into my rtx 2080 ti graphics card. For gaming should I plug into the graphics card or to the motherboard?
- Answer This is USB driven. It is not an internal drive. Not plugged in to motherboard or graphics card. It is for storage, not for running software.
QuestionCan I use this to store games for a playstation 4? My playstation keeps saying data corrupted, tried everything nothing seems to work. Thanks
- Answer You need to make sure The drive is formatted which you can do through The PlayStation options
QuestionCan I use this to back up photos on my iphone12? If so, do I need to purchase a special cable?
- Answer You can’t do that directly but you can through a computer, I.e. the SSD does not connect directly to the iPhone but to the computer. You connect the iPhone to the computer, the SSD to the computer, and then transfer the files to the SSD just as if you were transferring to the computer’s internal hard drive.
QuestionCan you use it with a pc and then switch it into a ps5 and the data from the pc won’t be deleted
- Answer If you are referring to use it for games and other data on the PC, you can't as the format PS5 uses is different from what PC reads. You should be able to look at photos that's on the drive, but in terms of using it to play games from, your PS5 won't be able to until you format the drive for your PS5 which erases any data on the drive.
Questioncan this drive be used without the encryption? I just want a drive i can plug in, no encryption with no password...
- Answer I am currently using it without encryption on both my phone and computer.
- Answer Yes, but for some new games the ssd isn't fast enough
- Answer Hello, The difference between the two for me would be the speed. I am a Actor, Comedian and Filmmaker. so I make tons of content from funny comedy skits to filming my comedy shows, Film projects…..ETC The videos are huge to transfer to edit and with the T7 it helps because it doesn’t take as long as the T5 and the T7 doesn’t heat up like some of the other SSD I have use. I hope this helps and good luck with your future endeavors.
QuestionCan this be connected to a wireless network through adapters. My old WD is connected directly to router. I can access files on it from TV, computer, phones, and tablets directly wireless. It is HDD and old. Will this work?
- Answer It depends. Does your router provide power to the USB port. This device has no power source and is powered solely by the usb cable. Many old WD drives had a separate power supply that enabled connection to a router for usage as a SAN drive.
- Answer I don’t know much about the blusound system but it’s a hard drive so it should be able to back up music files.