Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $219.99
QuestionIs Xbox insane with this price? I got a good 4tb external hard drive for $94. Nobody will buy this crap.
- Answer your 4 tB will not give you the speeds that you need to match the internal ssd since yours is a Hdd. and this price is about right compared to other nvme of the same type
- Answer An SSD will allow for faster loading and boot up of games. When a game is made with a SSD in mind the game will use less of your system RAM.. Freeing up system RAM can have large performance improvements.. Furthermore the "pop in" and "stuttering" glitches in games are FAR less common.. THIS SSD is a carbon copy of the SSD in the Series X/S So that you get the same gaming experience as if it was installed in the console and further increases how much storage you have..
- Answer At this time, this is the only SSD that works with the new Xbox Architecture (required for XSX games). You can still plug HDD/SSD in via USB3.0; however, they can only be used for OG Xbox/X360/XB1 games, and NOT for XSX games.
- Answer I'm going to wait it out for a 2-4tb option. Like OP pointed out, 1tb just won't be enough.
QuestionWill you be able to play xbox series x games stored on this? and if not, and an series x game is stored would you have to move it every time to internal ssd. What about the same for xbox one x games?
- Answer This is specifically made to be compatible with Xbox Series X games. You will not have to transfer between the internal drive and this one.
- Answer Yes. The Xbox Series X comes with 1 TB of storage already. If you add this 1 TB storage card you will have a total of 2 TB or 2000 GB of storage. So after downloading a game that uses 200 GB you would still have 1800 GB left.
Questionso is this the only hard drive in the world atm that will actually let me play SX games on atm also when this runs out can i buy another 1 and plug it in or i can only have 1 plugged in at a time
- Answer Yes, this is the only SSD that is currently out there for the series x console. Also, you can only use one drive at a time so you will be hot swapping the drives if you fill them up.
QuestionWill you be able to use both SSD and HHD? I have a pc and I can use both. I'll download certain games for a faster performance which will only be like 2 or 3 if you're lucky. I doubt they'll have it that the only way you can play x series games is on ssd
- Answer Series X specific games WILL ONLY BE PLAYABLE on the internal SSD *or* this expansion card SSD. Read the last sentence again to let it sink in. External USB drives, HDD & SDD alike, can be used for any backward compatible games from previous xbox generations. External USB drives DO NOT SUPPORT Series X games. Period.
QuestionWill this drive be able to be setup and used as an external Media Drive to play Personal Media instead of Formatted for Extra Storage to play Games?
- Answer No, formatted for games only
QuestionI have an 12 tb wd black external that I use. if I got Seagate FireCuda 2TB SSD USB 3.2 ssd would xbox series x games play on that. or does it have to be on the xbox ssd or this one that is 1 tb ssd.
- Answer If you are trying to load or play an series X game "Optimized for X/S", that was created or optimized just for the X/S series. NO, your external wont work. It will make you install that game on the internal storage or one of these memory cards, other wise it will not load or play the game. If your just trying to play a normal Xbox one game. It will work just fine. Hopefully this helps.
QuestionHow much memory is available for use? I know it's advertised for 1TB but how much after formatting?
- Answer Available memory is 919.9 gigs.
- Answer Yep I use it to swap games between my series x and series s
QuestionWill there be a 2 or 4 tb
- Answer No timeline yet but 2 TB is likely to appear far sooner. You can buy a 2 TB SSD like the Samsung T5 for not much more than the 1 TB Seagate Expansion. Use that to play anything not optimized for XS/X as well as for storing optimized titles there to move quickly to internal SSD. Currently 4 TB SSDs cost as much or more than the Xbox Series X. Don't expect them to be offered as Expansion Drives until they fall in price. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-t5-2tb-external-usb-type-c-portable-solid-state-drive-deep-black/6026204.p?skuId=6026204
QuestionCan you leave this external drive connected permanently for storage without affect it's life span?
- Answer I have an external 2tb that is always connected and that uses a cord. I look at the 1tb expandable storage as a Disk drive for a pc or laptop. Once connected you need never to remove it. So to answer your question...Yes you can.
QuestionI currently have a Series S and may upgrade to a Series X in the next year or two. If I download and store a bunch of games on this drive will I be able to plug and play this in to a new Series X? Or will I have to format it and start all over again?
- Answer Yes you can, they both have the same file system and expansion port. It meant to be a plug an play device.
- Answer Yes it works at the same speeds as the console itself and is so fast to load games. Also works with quick resume. 1000% recommend
QuestionFirst time using one of these is it best to install the Game on the Console (Even if it’s the first one ) or this the NVME SSD first or always so long as there’s room on it ?
- Answer For the Xbox series x or s it doesn’t matter. Either on ssd or console directly the speeds are still blazing fast
- Answer Yes. You can also hot swap it while the console is on.