Questions & Answers
Questiondo these need registration? Where can you ride them? street? bike lanes? This is a great little moped but I spent a lot of time in CA and scooters were not allowed on the street, or in most bike lanes or sidewalks or on the boardwalk in Santa Monica
- Answer To: abby Here’s an answer (in order of questions asked) for California residents/visitors: [answers reworded from ncsl.org] 1. Registration only for motorized bikes/moped not under Class 1-3 electric bike classifications. 2. Depending on the county and other jurisdictions, the speed limit of the moped or scooter is one way to determine if it can be rode in the bike lane/sidewalk/beach, etc. There is a site (attached a screenshot for your viewing) where you can find the limits and restrictions on this E-bike ➡️Segway eMoped C80 (or for other types of electric scooters, bikes, etc.) In the case of the Segway eMoped C80, this e-bike is classified as “Class 2 ebike”. In California, these types do not require DMV registration for license plates.
QuestionI'm 6"3" and weigh 213 pounds. Am I going to be over the capacity limits when I add a backpack or package?
- Answer Hi, I am 6'1" and weigh about 210 lbs. I asked my wife to ride with me around the neighborhood once (she's 5' tall, and about 120 lbs.) and the eMoped went like nothing. I would not worry about the backpack weight unless you carry 200 lbs.
QuestionHow long can I drive on a fully charge battery? Or, how many miles can I drive on a fully charge battery without stopping?
- Answer 55 Miles without stopping. It definitely keeps it's word. I was out today driving throughout the city for the past 5 hours and the battery only dropped to 51% still reaching at top speed.
QuestionI see in the photos on the side it has Chinese writing and then I looked at the Segway website and it dose not have any Chinese writing so I was wondering dose it come in as all the writing is American or is it chinese.
- Answer Some pictures were taken using the tester models. We are happy to tell you that all retail Segway units would be in English print and packaging including the C80!. They are manufactured with US grade quality!
- Answer Hi, here's the IP rating for our eMoped C80. The vehicle itself has a rating of IPX5 meaning it can only tolerate splashes of water while the battery pack is IP67 which means the unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for certain period of time. I hope this answers your query. Thanks and have a wonderful day!
QuestionIn my state, the law requires that e-bike manufacturers have a permanently affixed label, in a prominent location, that contains of the classification, top assisted speed and motor wattage of the e-bike in at least nine-point type. Does the C80?
- Answer Jack, Yes, the C80 is a class B ebike and it does not need to be registered to be used. Please remember to follow local laws and use the bike lane or other bike roads provided by your cities jurisdiction. Thank You for your inquiry.
Question1) What is the warranty? It just states "limited". 2) I want the front basket. On the Segway site it shows it comes with a frt basket but not on Best Buy site.
- Answer Their warranty is useless. They do not honor anything. Even simple customer service is nonexistent. They have people outsourced in other countries that never follow through with promises of help.
- Answer Segway does charge that if you purchase through them directly, but not through Best Buy.
QuestionDoes it have an option to turn off the alarm when not needed? Want to be able to push it to a garage without the wheels auto lock or trigger the alarm.
- Answer Yes this can be done through the app!, We would love to walk you through, please reach out to our technical Support and I am sure we can assist! firstname.lastname@example.org 1-888-523-5583 | 5:30 am - 5:00 pm PST
- Answer It comes with Limited Warranty Guide and User Manual Document. Manufacturer's certificate of origin is not produced by Segway INC.
QuestionOn the app I changed it from metric to imperial & it did go from km to mi on the app. But the dashboard still seems to show my speed in km because it goes to past 20 every ride. How do I change that?
- Answer Hi Andy, Please contact our technical Support and I am sure we can assist and take a look at your unit! email@example.com 1-888-523-5583 | 5:30 am - 5:00 pm PST
- Answer They are bike pedals as the moped are designed to be an electrical bicycle.
QuestionWhat class is this bike in Massachusetts? Does it need to be register with RMV, motorcycle license or license, can you ride on bike lane? How many miles round trip on a fully charged battery? Is there a warranty?
- Answer C80 is a class B ebike and does not need to be registered to be used. Please remember to follow local laws and use the bike lane or other bike roads provided by your cities jurisdiction. It also comes with a Limited Warranty for up to 1 year and its battery range is 47-52.8 Miles Range which was tested while riding under full power, 165.3 lbs(75.0kg) load, 77°F(25°C), 60% of max. speed on average on pavement.