Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhy do you people keep buying 60hz refresh rate? This is terrible! Shuddering and delay all the time and yet you rate ot 4.9/5.0 ???? (9 Answers)Answers
Actually, outside of heavy sport usage video games (which I'd recommend a more expensive 120hz gaming monitor for), anything beyond 60hz has no real usage. It is advised you turn it off for most television and all movie viewing (films are at 29.7fps so it would look terrible on movies), so if you don't fall in the sports or heavy gaming categories, it is a pointless feature and people should not feel bad buying a TV that doesn't output 120hz or higher. If your tv has heavy shuddering and delay, it might be a manufacturing issue or something else. Ghosting shouldn't really be noticeable on most stuff you watch.
- QuestionSo this set has legs. I would like to know how far apart they are (still). Sharp has answered my question about the legs by telling me how wide the actual TV is, and then directing me to customer service. Anyone just know how far apart the darn legs are? (6 Answers)
- QuestionCan sharp please stop commenting on all the W's with the same generic answer? Don't they realize we are asking the question on the Best Buy Q&A form so that we don't have to call their number and wait on hold for 30 minutes (2 Answers)Answers
I am in so agreement with you. I noticed Sharp didn't respond to your comment....loolol.... I was expecting to review answers from them on all the questions so I can make a sound decision to purchase or not and none of the answers from Sharp are actual answers !!!! They all say call the 800#. If that's the case, what is the friggin point of this Q&A section ???????
- QuestionWhen I power on tv it does not go direct to tv .I have to use small remote to get to cable full size picture on tv (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhy are there no numbers on the remote?? Could it be all channel selections are in the menu choices??? (4 Answers)Answers
If you hit the left arrow key, it will bring up a list of all of the channels and its call name. From there you can select which one you want to navigate to. it does take a few more button pushes to scroll to what you want, rather than punching in the number, but it's not too bad.
- QuestionDoes anyone have a problem with an order coming from the tv?? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes it has noticeable odor ! Bought this Sharp 50" ( LC-50LB481U ) at BestBuy on Sun afternoon, Apr 9th. Thought the smell was new coatings,labels, and components getting heated up and baking-in a little. Next day the smell was present in the room without turning it on. So now I'm working on day number 4, and smell is still quite noticeable. As a retired electronics engineer, I'd say the smell is similar to a burned component on a circuit board, or like a transformer that has overheated and baked the internal resin. But I'm still waiting to see some bad symptom show up in the picture or the audio. So far, after totaling 14 hours of operation time, everything still seems to be working fine. BestBuy allows 15 days to return a TV for exchange, so I hope something changes soon. Since only one other person mentioned this problem in a question or a review, I gotta believe this is a problem that will eventually cause a hassle requiring multiple interactions with the Geek Squad warranty people. Oh well, let's see what happens by day 14. Anyone else with a ' stinky ' TV ?
- QuestionWill the "smart" interface allow you to view other files on the network that are shared? For example, computers that are on the same network have shared folders. Can this TV browse and view/play the files that are on those computers? (4 Answers)Answers
The Roku Media Player is looking for UpNP shares, I think. It's not a good player at all - it's unable to play most video files on my NAS. You want to run Kodi on a Shield TV or a FireTV (I would suggest the Shield over the fire as it's less locked-down. This set is mostly a streaming set on its own, but there are enough HDMI inputs to let you add a second video source like a Kodi box.
- QuestionYou can watch regular cable on this as well right? Seriously considering buying if so. (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the height and width? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this tv have an audio out (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions