Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes, the Outdoor Camera features intelligent motion detection that can tell the difference between humans and other moving objects. It also features a spotlight for color vision even at night!
- Answer Yes you can. I just purchased this solely for the cameras (value is ridiculous vs separate purchase!) and was able to link them to my current base station without using the base in the package.
QuestionCan cameras be plugged into power while mounted to wall or do they have to be charged then put up. And pull down to charge when dead
- Answer So the wireless cameras can either be mounted wirelessly or hardwired in to a wall outlet. If you dont feel like charging the battery every month or so then you do have the option to wire them in as well. As far as charging goes the batteries are removable from the cameras so this way when it comes time to charge them you dont need to charge the whole camera unit just simply the battery pack.
- Answer you dont have to pay for a monthly subscription however keep in mind the free plan is very basic and i mean very basic. The free plan only allows for you to disarm and arm the system and allows the siren to go off if the alarm is triggered however they will not call the police and they will not allow for your video footage to be recorded. So it basically forces you in to a monthly plan but keep in mind there is no contract so you can cancel at any time.
Questiondoes this camera system run on a 5g mhz speed wifi i have at&t fiber internet and my camera system that i have now BLINK only works off of 2.4 mhz speed .
- Answer Good question. On my Linksys it runs on the 2.4 band and as of right now there is no option on the Simplisafe app to move it over to the 5g band.