Questions & Answers
- Answer No you do not if you are getting a portable dishwasher
Questionthe measurement from the kitchen floor to the bottom of the countertop is 33 1/2 ",,, is 34" required??
- Answer No necessarily. The dishwasher has adjustable feet that will fit different cabinet heights.
QuestionDoes this include haul-away?
- Answer Not sure of your question. Thus particular site is based on the install kit not the dishwasher itself. As far as the install kit , these items can be put in your kitchen trash can. If you are talking about the dishwasher itself , if you are having the new delivered and installed for you then yes you can make prior arrangements to have your old unit hauled away.
QuestionWhat kind of wire is used for the power cord? Is it aluminum or copper. Looks like aluminum. what gauge is it?
- Answer Standard USB cable like the on you charge your phone with
QuestionOur dishwasher appears to be on a 220 line not a 110 outlet. Can BB still do the unhook & haul-away of the old and install of the new?
- Answer All dishwashers are 115vac and should not be on a 220Vac breaker
Questionprevious dishwasher was hard wired - do I need anything additional and are the installers able to do this?
- Answer My old dishwasher was hard wired too and they did a good job setting up the new one.
- Answer Yes, this hose kit is good on any dishwashers. Universal connectors,
QuestionIs this needed if you were going to set it on counter top next to the faucet ... which is what I thought I was getting ...is this for in cabinet install
- Answer You could use it for countertop install. The hoses and power cable are 6ft. long but 99% would use this for a cabinet install.
QuestionDo I have to use this particular kit if Best Buy installs dishwasher? I already have a new kit from different manufacturer that I was going to use but took advantage of the free installation special for Bosch dishwasher.
- Answer Best Buy requirement to use new kit supplied by Best Buy is a great thing to do for new Dishwasher rather tan using old or other manufcaturer's kit.
QuestionI am picking up an 800 Series Bosch dishwasher and need to know the demensions of the box that it comes in.
- Answer Although it has a 3rd rack, it has a poor design. It’s one of the louder dishwashers at 40-42 decibels. I had compared the specifications on several Bosch dishwashers, including the 800 Series which are as follows: Product Height: 33.8583 inches Product width: 23.5433 inches Product Depth: 23.7 inches
QuestionI am wanting this new dishwasher side mounted, because of damaged particleboard under the countertop. Does this kit have everything necessary (side clips etc) to do a side mount?
- Answer Yes. You can side or top mount with the included hardware.
- Answer Yes it does. I expect it to be provided upon delivery of the dish washer tomorrow.
QuestionMy old dishwasher has a flexible copper pipe where the water comes in which is far more durable than the steel hoses. Its the same as the one for a refrigerator. Can the installer just connect the water copper pipe to the back of a new dishwasher?
- Answer No, copper pipe isn’t at the back of the dishwasher. Will need a hose
- Answer Not familiar with previous problem, however, my recent install has been a success. No leakage thus far and its now been 3 weeks. Must say this dishwasher is so quiet I forget it's even on.
QuestionWhen Installing the garden hose elbow how tight does it need to be? I get it on as tight as it can go but the the elbow part still turns and is not tight.
- Answer The end fittings are still adjustable. As long as you have pipe dope on the Threads (Teflon tape if you use what’s in the kit) then tighten with two wrenches. Good to go.
QuestionInstaller from geek squad says they need additional Moby to cut the pipe to screw in the installation kit. Does that sound right?
- Answer As someone who had their kitchen counter broken by Geek Squad, it already sounds like you care too much about your house to trust it to Geek Squad. I highly recommend you buy and consult elsewhere.