- QuestionWhy is the face of "white" sonos5 black.? If I wanted black I would buy the black version (8 Answers)Answers
This was done just to annoy you and to make sure it doesnt match your asthetic desires. Sonos will make sure and call before their next manufacturing decision and ensure you approve. Maybe put some white tape over your keyboard so you cant put this stuff on the internet.
- QuestionSubwoofer? (10 Answers)Answers
I have a pair of the new Play 5's and was considering adding the sub but after doing some manual adjustments and increasing the bass level on the built in EQ I don't believe I need one. For normal music listening they put out more than enough bass. I did speak with Sonos though and they confirmed that when paired with a sub the crossover levels are adjusted on the play 5's taking some pressure off the woofers and allowing them to handle more of the mid bass. I would be curious to hear it but you do not "need" the sub to enjoy great bass.
- Question1) Is the mesh on front metal or fabric; 2) is the base adequate, or does one need a sub? Tks (10 Answers)Answers
It is actually plastic. It used to be metal on the old version but they found that the antenna was had interference in the new design so they changed it to a hard plastic. It feels like metal but it isn't. As far as the base, no sub needed. I think the sub would be great for the playbar or the play 1 or play 3. But the play 5 just doesn't need it in my opinion. It hits hard without it.
- QuestionDoes it work on battery power - if so what kind? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you control the bass (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you make the sonos play 5 Bluetooth compatable with a Bluetooth transmitter / receiver that you might sell? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHi, are these Sonos the 2nd Gen ? I couldn t find this point on the whole advice. Thanks (5 Answers)
- QuestionWould I have better with 2 play 3 sonos or 1 play 5 sono? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWe are planning to use these in a large (really large, like 4000 sq ft) garage, will two give us coverage and what if we need three or four, will they interact and work together or is the limit two speakers to get a well rounded interactive sound? Thanks (5 Answers)Answers
I would try two of them first, you can always add more if it isn't loud enough. I have two paired to act in stereo, and it gets very loud, though my room is less than 1/4 of yours. I still think it would be loud enough with just two -- which of course depends on how loud you like to jam. You can add as many as you want to your set up, and play the same music and control the volume together. For four speakers, you would create two groups, with a pair of stereo speakers per group. It will work well, they will be synced up - however if your network goes out you will probably need to re-"group" them. This takes about 5 seconds in the application.
- QuestionCan I ad play 2 play 5's with my sound bar and my play 3's (10 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions