Questions & Answers
- QuestionAnybody buy JUST the playbar? (10 Answers)
I am considering taking the plunge and buying a playbar, but can't afford to buy the sub right now. Is the audio quality decent enough with just the playbar to justify buying the playbar now, then buying the sub within the next couple months?
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Yes...I have only the playbar (well only the playbar hooked to my tv, i have several other sonos components in the rest of my house) and it works amazingly better than the standard speakers on my tv (and I have a huge expensive tv). The playbar is used by itself...and bonus, the app allows you to mute louder sounds at night with the nighttime feature so if you're awake and the kid is asleep and you don't want to wake her, you can still listen to the voices and sounds at a similar volume without having your finger on the "trigger" to lower/raise the volume all the time. I can't wait to add the sub myself, but right now I only have playbar and I love it!
- Questiondoes soundbar come on with tv remote (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this work with both the Sonos system & the t.v.? (9 Answers)
I recently had my home built and I have the Sonos sound system through out my house with the exception of the t.v. room. My question is if I hook this sound bar up to my television, will it play music from the Sonos system as well as the t.v.? (Not at the same time, of course)Answers
- QuestionDoes the Sonos soundbar come with the optical cord? (10 Answers)
- QuestionShould the playbar be used as a center speaker? (7 Answers)Answers
The playbar definitely is the center speaker in this system. Then you can pair with a sonos sub and either two play 1s or two play 3s or if you're really excited about sound two play 5s. Essentially the playbar, in a typical 5.1 setup is the center speaker and the front side two speakers as well.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionHow would you compare the quality of the Sonos soundbar to a Panasonic soundbar? (7 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHeight concerns? (6 Answers)Answers
It shouldn't, but it depends on how low your TV is to the table. The speaker has 2 "orientations" it can be: "upright" where it is about 5.5" tall or, "flat" where it is about 3.5" tall. Assuming it is on the stand, you can turn the speaker to the other orientation which is sideways.
- QuestionWill it play FM radio stations? (7 Answers)
- QuestionWill this soundbar support a 55" or 65" TV sitting on it? (9 Answers)Answers
I certainly wouldnt have a TV physically sitting on top of this product. It has fabric covering the frame, so it wouldnt take much for a large TV to tear the fabric, and generally, having a TV bear its weight on this product is flawed logic. If you think about it, this soundbar probably cost more than most 55" TVs.
- QuestionSONOS - PLAYBAR Soundbar, compatibility with Samsung TV (8 Answers)Answers
You should have no issues with that setup PROVIDED the Samsung TV has the optical audio out jack. Most newer sets have that option. SONOS lists TVs by model that are incompatible with the PLAYBAR on their support site.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions