Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes it come with a Wireless Adapter?i've heard that this blu ray HT comes with a Wireless Adapter?
- Answer Yes. It links up with you wireless router. It can also use a hard wire connection.
- Answer This model only has a FM tuner. For more details on this model please visit: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/BDVE570_mksp.pdf
- Answer Hello Borja, You can connect your Apple® iPhone® Via USB, However, the BDV-E570 does not support Bluetooth.
- Answer Hello Q, The BDP-S570 system is compatible with the S-AIR function, which allows transmission of sound with S-AIR wireless products (not included) . for more information see page 42 of the operating instructions on how to use. http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDVE570.pdf
- Answer You can play DVDs on a Blu-Ray player
QuestionWhat needs to be done to this player to play 3D movies?This player says 3D ready. What exactly has to be done to the player to show 3D movies. Is it just a download or will something else have to be purchase?
- Answer Depending on your date of purchase: Firmware update maybe required (depending on date of manufacture) 3D viewing requires 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV and HDMI connection. Other 3D accessories (including 3D glasses and emitter) may also be required for 3D viewing. 1080p playback requires HDMI™ connector (sold separately) and compatible HDTV with 1080p display capability.
QuestionIs there a sound quality difference between a 5.1 channel and a 3.1 channel? How does this model compare to the BDV-E280?
- Answer The difference is in the number of speakers. A 3.1 system has 3 speakers and subwoofer (Right Left, Center) (3) and a Subwoofer (1) 3.1 5.1 system has 5 speakers and subwoofer (Right, Left Center, Rear Right Rear Left) (5) and a subwoofer (1) 5.1 the first number is the speakers then the dot and the second number is the subwoofer. therefore a 7.1 system has 7 speakers and a subwoofer the biggest difference between 3.1 and 5.1 is 5.1 is Surround sound. 3.1 is not. and with 7.1 it gives that extra chanel front and rear to heighten the sound experience
QuestionDont have 3d is this still worth itHi, I love all the other features, if no 3d TV is it still worth it? I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500. Thanks Scott
- Answer 3D is not a deal breaker for me. I don't want to wear glasses to watch TV and I don't think 3d is that great anyway, kinda bugs me
- Answer You can play video/music/photo files on the connected USB device. Playable Types of Files: Video MPEG-1 Video/PS1)5) - “.mpg,” “.mpeg,” “.m2ts,” MPEG-2 Video/PS,TS1)6)- “.mts” DivX2) - “.avi,” “.divx” MPEG4/AVC1)5)- “.mkv,” “.mp4,” “.m4v,” “.m2ts,” “.mts” WMV91)5) - “.wmv,” “.asf” AVCHD 3)5) Music MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer III) - “.mp3” AAC1)4)5) “.m4a” WMA9 Standard1)4) “.wma” LPCM “.wav” Photo JPEG “.jpg,” “.jpeg,” “.jpe” Some USB devices may not work with this system. The system can recognize Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices (such as flash memory or an HDD) that are FAT-compatible and non-partitioned.
QuestionCan it be configured for multi room use?I have a set of speakers that goes out to my backyard when we're outside. Does this unit can be setup to stream music on a separate speaker set? My current unit I have a A/B switch for speakers.
- Answer The BDVE570 All in One Home Theater system does not have a multi-room function.
QuestionDoes this unit have an HDMI input? The overview tab says 1 but specification says 0. Also does this have a standard video input?
- Answer Unfortunately the All in one BDV-E770W is not an A/V receiver. this system only has HDMI out and Component Video out.
- Answer Follow these steps to adjust the delay between the picture and sound. 1. Using the supplied remote, press SYSTEM MENU . 2. Press the up arrow or down arrow to select A/V SYNC . 3. Press the right arrow . 4. Press the up arrow or down arrow to adjust the delay between the picture and sound. NOTE: You can adjust between 0 ms to 300 ms. 5. Press Enter to confirm the selection. 6. Press SYSTEM MENU to exit the menu screen.
QuestionWill this unit play the Dolby True HD or DTS HD without hooking up the HDMI cable or does it require that like it does for 1080p output?
- Answer For HD Audio, HDMI, or Digital Optical out is required. RCA component (Right/ Left) does not support HD sound.
- Answer no batteries are needed as they are connected to the blue ray
QuestionReplacement of player/controll box?Are you able to find a replacement for the integrated blu-ray player/control box if the speakers are still okay but one of the components of the box goes bad, say the the blu-ray player?
- Answer The way the prices are falling everyday and new products added I don't see this as an issue. I for one have never purchased a maintenance agreement with any of my Sony products. So far, not an issue but my approach is to just go out and buy a new one. The lifespan on all my Sony products has been 10+ years and I have been buying Sony since college.
- Answer The BDV-E570 supports Bravia Sync. For this feature to work, each product must be connected with an HDMI® cable and be setup to communicate through the HDMI connection. It will not work if all of the HDMI-connected products do not have the BRAVIA Sync feature. Make sure the HDMI Control setting in the menu system for each product is set to On .
QuestionS-AIR QUESTIONI've seen there are a couple S-AIR Systems available. Exactly which one is required to convert the rear speakers into wireless?
- Answer The manual says any S-Air product as long as you have the transmitter. Suggest you download the manual prior to purchase as I did.