Questions & Answers
QuestionI have an older model Bravia Sony TV which I am able to Plug-in my External Hard Drive (USB) and got through File Folders to view video and listen to audio, WM4 JPEG, MP3, WAV, etc... Is this TV capable of reading files and playback ?
- Answer This TV is even better, you can wirelessly cast your videos from your device as long as you TV is connected to your WiFi and the device is on the same network.
QuestionI was wondering if the screen is matte or reflective. There is a large window behind our sofa and if the TV screen is too reflective it can be annoying and disruptive. Anyone in a similar situation and is the screen glossy or matte?
- Answer I would say it tends more towards the glossy when the screen isn't on
- Answer I believe covid limited the production capabilities therfore they are skipping 2020 production, look for the A9J (2021) and the end of March or April.
- Answer Yes. The old standard antenna should work fine. The Frequency of all the Digital TV channels is in the range of the old unused Channel 6. So is smack in the center of the antennas frequency range. If you want to use an old existing antenna it is probably best to install a new wire from the antenna as it does deteriorate from exposure to sun and weather.
- Answer I just picked mine up it is 62" X 33". Sony 65" OLED 9G
- Answer 2019 or 2020 is somewhat a mystery; my limited research on this subject leads me to believe that the A9G was first released in 2019; the A8G model was released in 2020, but does not really replace the A9G. They are almost the same but the A8G has a different brightness level by default and the processing at the pixel level is different, but I am not at all an expert. Keep comparing them in different ways of internet searches and youtube videos. The Best Buy guys are pretty good at being honest, but I bought the A9G because the Best Buy guys said the A8G was "brighter" than the A9G and because my research indicated that processing at the pixel level was very sophisticated. I liked their descriptions of how they were different. I hope that Sony did not make this minor "downgrade" to the A8G because of some deep seated problem that they will not reveal. That should not be the case because the A9G is a little more expensive to produce, about $200 more than the A8G. I think you have to research hard and look for small details that lead you to a better understanding of their differences..
- Answer The stand extends 4 inches in the front only
- Answer The TV does come with Airplay to sync iPhones. It is located on the input list, not an app that is downloaded.