Questions & Answers
- Answer Not at all Sound is very good and you have a lot of adjustments to get it the way you want it
- Answer The overall dimensions are: Product Height With Stand 33 inches Product Width 57 inches Product Depth With Stand 10.13 inches Product Height Without Stand 32.8 inches Product Depth Without Stand 1.57 inches Product Weight With Stand 54.7 pounds Product Weight Without Stand 46.7 pounds Stand Width 18.63 inches Stand Depth 10 inches
QuestionFirst, if the 65 inch A9H is not coming this year - can you share some info? Still considering the 2019 A9G, assuming it will be available, Now that the 2020 A8H is out, why should I stay with the 2019 A9G; are there still advantages over the 2020 A8H?
- Answer From what I have read, the "H" is the same exact model as the "G"
QuestionDoes this support Apple + tv?
- Answer yes it does - can be plugged in just like any other streaming device. can also just plug the Apple TV into your A/V receiver and have that hooked up to the A9G, ideally with an ARC HDMI. My set-up is that way. I use all of the other 'normal' apps like YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon, etc on the TVs operating system, and use Apple TV as a separate source on the A/V receiver. With ARC if i change the input on the TV the Apple TV and A/V receiver just turn on automatically. Android OS doesn't let you use Apple as a downloaded app so you have to plug it in somehow.
QuestionI have an older Sony but it was top of the line. I believe I paid around 5K for it. It’s just HD but it is incredible, baseball you can see the ball spin, rains you can see the individual drops of water, you see pores in people’s face. Is this better?
- Answer I had a 14 year old Sony 55” Bravia TV that I replaced. That set is still fantastic. I didn’t actually replace it. We rearranged our home to create a den. I moved the 14 year old set to there. I would not have replaced it otherwise. That being said, the new OLED 65” Sony top of the line set is amazing. The picture is crystal clear. Blacks are very black, but it does show a difference between small variations in darks in clothing as an example. The sound quality is much better. Off axis viewing is better, although that was very good on my older set. In closing, I bought it because I needed another quality TV. I am very happy with this set.
QuestionIs there a reason other than price I should buy the A8H over this TV? I know it is a model year newer, but I do not see it as an upgrade over the A9G and the price is not much higher for the A9G
- Answer From what I have read, the "H" is the same as the "G"
- Answer Assembled Product Dimensions (L x H) 57.13 x 32.88" Inches
QuestionHas anyone had issues with dimming when a static picture, such as a channel/news logo, has been on screen for any amount of time?
- Answer No, But we have our new tv hooked up to new receiver and surround sound speakers and we loose the sound of the tv and speakers once in awhile. After lots of money this should not happen. And the Geek squad installed it. so should be on them to fix it. We Called and no answer yet. Return policy will be up and lots of money spent, they better back their products and fix it or We will return.
QuestionSound only sometimes works. Hulu/disney+, mainly, Netflix sometimes. Antenna tv usually seems to be fine. Today, we dont have sound using DirectTV- which takes out the "just reinstall your app" argument. Any advice?
- Answer Hi, Frustrated! We regret to hear about this. To isolate the issue, please disconnect any audio devices (soundbar, surround sound system, AV Receiver, etc.) from the TV and check if the audio issue also happens on the TV speaker. Also, make sure that the software version of your TV is up to date. ref: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a9g_ag9-series/xbr-65a9g/downloads/00016570 If you are unable to resolve your concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: Name: Bestbuy Username: Model Number: Issue: Telephone Number: Sincerely, Sam
Questionon all streaming apps including Netflix the audio is scrambled even though the video is perfect. No issue when in TV mode. How can I fix this, what settings may need to be changed. Currently using eArc with sound bar. Thank you for your help
- Answer Try not connecting the HDMI cable using the eArc. Just the regular HDMI connection may help.
- Answer Hi, Me! You may go to Settings > Accessibility > Services > turn off the Talkback or Screen Reader. ~Earl
QuestionWhy is Airplay still not available on a $3500 TV? My software is up-to-date and AirPlay is not supported! Very Frustrated and ready to return it and buy an LG.
- Answer I recently purchase the TV and it works great. I read from Sony that AirPlay and HomeKit support is coming via a software update. In the meantime chrome cast is available and works fine with my iPhone
Questionwhat about burn in
- Answer Burn-in on the Sony XBR65A9G OLED TV only occurs if the same static image is displayed for 1 to 3 hours. This seldom happens in typical movie and TV source materials; and most streaming devices (including apps provided on the TV) have screen-savers that kick in to suppress static images well before 1 hour has elapsed. However, using the TV to display less action-oriented games might create a burn-in problem, especially if winners lists are left on display, etc. The TV manual also offers some suggestions for removing, or reducing the impact of, a burned-in image. They are not necessarily permanent. Checkout the manual if you have concerns about burn-in.