Questions & Answers
Questionwhat about burn in
- Answer Burn-in on the Sony XBR65A9G OLED TV only occurs if the same static image is displayed for 1 to 3 hours. This seldom happens in typical movie and TV source materials; and most streaming devices (including apps provided on the TV) have screen-savers that kick in to suppress static images well before 1 hour has elapsed. However, using the TV to display less action-oriented games might create a burn-in problem, especially if winners lists are left on display, etc. The TV manual also offers some suggestions for removing, or reducing the impact of, a burned-in image. They are not necessarily permanent. Checkout the manual if you have concerns about burn-in.
QuestionIs there a specific HDMI cable spec I should be looking for. I have to use a 20 foot HDMI cable.
- Answer Hi, HDMI! We recommend using a Premium High-Speed HDMI Cable(s) that supports speeds of 18 Gbps for optimum performance. ~Ralph
QuestionIs their a fix coming for the broken Dolby Vision ? Sony couldn't and still, cannot figure out Dolby Vision like the rest of the manufacturers. So you guys use this lo latency Dolby Vision Profile that doesn't work. Any fix for Dark DV with Apple TV ?
- Answer Why would we need a HDMI 2.1 cable when the A9G does not support 2.1? Are you sure this is the fix for the Apple TV looking dark in DV mode on the A9G? I have not read of this fix anywhere and would be great if it really worked.
- Answer Any high quality cable will do just fine. Don’t shop by brand. If it can handle Dolby Vision and HDR10. then go with that one
- Answer just bought this TV, I have PS3 & 4 & your 2 should work fine. everything can be off & once you push your PS button everything comes to life & all you have to do is sign in...
QuestionI bought Sony - 65 "Class - OLED - A9G MASTER Series - 2160p - Smart - TV 4K UHD with HDR of Best Buy. I want to install Homekit but do not see the Homekit installation code.
- Answer HomeKit support is not built-in to the Sony XBR65A9G TV. However, many features of HomeKit may be added by connecting an Apple TV 4K box to one of the TV's HDMI ports. The Apple TV 4K works extremely well with this TV. Apple TV supports both Dolby ATMOS and Dolby Vision. If HDMI 2.1 cables are used between Apple TV box and the Sony, the full display capabilities of the TV are available in the picture and sound delivered by the Apple TV box. Also, both the Sony remote control and the Apple TV remote can be used to control the Apple TV app selection, to invoke Siri controls, etc. I find picture quality for source media streamed through the Apple TV box to be better than that same media streamed directly into Sony TV apps. The Apple TV box does an excellent job of up converting non-Dolby Vision media into Dolby Vision format. Finally, the Apple TV box can run the HomeKit app in the background, and execute timed HomeKit actions to your various HomeKit lights and devices.
QuestionAnother question on the 2018 Model A9F and 2019 Model A9G. I have the A9F model and the GUIDE app does not display the event info for Denver PBS OTA Channels 6 and 12. If I acquire a 2019 A9G model, will I have the same problem with it?
- Answer We just got this thing and still learning, but as of right now I don't see any of the extra HD channels,,,,,but still looking. We use OTA, not cable. Bob
- Answer Hi, Mark! Unfortunately, we can't use the remote for the A9G series with the 2018 A9F series because the designated remote for this series is RMFTX220U. Regards, Erin
- Answer I am unsure if it's 3D capable; but there isn't many shows or movies in 3D.
- Answer It's in the spec section.
QuestionIf I connect my 1G BPS router to the TV with an ethernet line and also use an AUX HDMI line from the TV to my receiver for audio, will that get me a better picture than receiving internet to the TV via WIFI with the Aux HDMI to my receiver?
- Answer General answer: A wired connection will provide a more robust data link. 4K video requires ~12 - 18 Mbps Newer access points can achieve these rates as can Gigabit Ethernet. The biggest bottleneck is the modem and the provider.
- Answer Yes
QuestionIf there isn't a built in camera what is the green dot that appears at the top middle of the screen. you only see it when the background is blue.
- Answer So, camera is the only other thing it could be? If it doesn't have a built in camera, then it's NOT a built in camera. It has to do with the power on process. if it is blinking then turns red, there is a problem. It should blink while powering on then go solid. it might shut off after it fully cycles the power. If it's not the power indicator, it might be a lighting sensor. Perhaps it is adjusting how much back light is necessary. If you see something in the dark, and ghosts aren't real then what is it? Same type of question...
QuestionIs at least one HDMI Input, HDMI 2.1? I was informed that 2019 Sony TV should have HDMI 2.1.
- Answer Hi, SONYLOVER900! Currently, there are no updates as to when the HDMI 2.1 will be supported by this model. The important thing to know is that the newer HDMI versions are backward-compatible with the older HDMI versions. Therefore, you can connect products with the different HDMI versions to one another and still get the picture and sound. ~Earl
- Answer Yes, the tv will hold up to gaming!