Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,274.99
The regular price is $1,499.99
- Answer Your question isn't really clear because you are asking about microphone mounts in general. I will attempt to provide useful information I hope will help. This camera does have the ability to use external microphones. You can use a Sony microphone that is compatible with MIS and not need any other adapters. The FDR-AX100 uses a proprietary Sony Multi-Interface Shoe (MIS) rather than an industry standard cold/hot shoe. You are able to mount a RODE VideoMic or any other mic to the shoe but you must first purchase a MIS to Cold Shoe adapter. Once you put this adapter on, you can then mount any standard cold/hot shoe mounted microphone to the Sony camera. The microphone input is a standard 3.5mm stereo mini-jack. If you are looking to use XLR microphones you will need either a XLR-3.5mm stereo adapter or an external sound recorder.
QuestionCan the 4k recorded videos be played back on non-4K TVs?Can the 4k recorded videos be played back on non-4K TVs? (Regular HDTVs).
- Answer Yes. It is just scaled down to your resolution such as 1080p.
QuestionCan someone advise me how to play 4k video on 4k Samsung TV (UN65F9000AF)? Error: "The defined resolution is not supported 3840x2160"Can someone advise me how to play 4K video on 4K Samsung TV (UN65F9000AF)? It gives me an error message : "The defined resolution is not supported. Resolution: (3840x2160). The sample video is the same resolution as my TV resolution, so what is the problem?
- Answer You may want to check that the HDMI cable is fully compliant. If it runs through another component to get to the TV, that could be an issue. There are new HDCP requirements for 4K HDMI..
QuestionDoes it have viewfinder, so I can record looking through viewfinder instead of looking at LCD screen.
- Answer Yes, it has a nice bright electronic viewfinder that shows all the same information you would see on the LCD screen. You can pull the viewfinder out a little and also tip it up for easier viewing.
QuestionThe specifications state that the focusing is manual. I want to clarify what this means. Does it literally mean that I have to turn some knob every time I want to focus?
- Answer I'm use to shooting professional video with Pro camera & DSLR/mirror less cameras. I purchase this camera because it is smaller and lighter than the Sony NEX FS 100. It has the ability to focus manually with a ring on the lens which can be set to zoom or focus. It also has a great auto focus with the ability to have it focus several ways including touching the LCD display where you want it to focus. You do not have to manually focus if choose to use auto focus.
- Answer 4k videos are pretty demanding even for playback so let alone video editing. I got a desktop with core i7 5030K and it seems to be able to handle it pretty well. My laptop is 4 yr old and it can't deal with the 4k video playback even. Make sure you have a fast multi core processor with fast bus interfaces and good amount of RAM. Eah 4K frame is an 8 megapixel image. So doing it 30 times per second needs processing power capable of decoding 8 megapixel images 30 times a second.
- Answer It should be about 27GB of data.
- Answer Hi Timbo, you would need a video capture device with a HDMI input to be able to live stream.
- Answer Hi Rode, Using a third-party microphone with this camcorder may work. However, the full operation is guaranteed. You may check out the compatible Sony microphones instead: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/accessories/compatibility.php?area=gb&lang=en&mdl=FDR-AX100&cat=29 Regards, Vincent
QuestionI'm looking for a camcorder to record my son's orchestra concerts. The stage is bright, the audience is dark...would this be a good camcorder for that? Thanks very much~
- Answer I successfully used this camera recently in a similar situation. Although the camera provides very good results using Auto Exposure, I anticipated that this situation would be a challenge and switched to Manual Exposure mode.
QuestionA lot of the reviews say there is a microphone input jack but none of the pictures show it. Is there in fact a standard microphone jack?
- Answer Hi CameraGirl, yes, this unit has a microphone input jack (stereo mini). You may check this link for the list of microphones that we recommend for this unit: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/accessories/compatibility.php?area=gb&lang=en&mdl=FDR-AX100&cat=29 Thanks, -Mark
- Answer Hi Vidiyo8, Class 10 UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) or faster is required when shooting in 100 Mbps. These cards have a minimum writing speed of 30 Mbps. Thanks_Mitch
- Answer Hi BAF, yes, the camera weighs approximately 27.87 oz. Thanks_Mitch