Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,099.99
QuestionI am looking for a high quality night vision camera for ghost hunting. I know it has night vision but will it see well with external IR lighting?
- Answer It won't matter...Ghosts are invisible and because they are dead, they have no heat signature.....so I would save your money.
- Answer Hi Cole, you can play the videos back on the TV by plugging the Handycam to it via the supplied HDMI cable. Thanks_Mitch
- Answer Hi Aleksandr, the FDRAX53 has been proven to work with SD cards with up to 256GB capacity.
QuestionI received two exact opposite answers, try again. Does this camera have a viewfinder to look through when you are RECORDING video not viewing an already recorded video?
- Answer Yes, the viewfinder can be used for recording and viewing after.It is one of the best features of this camera. It is color and in high def. It makes a huge difference on sunny days where the screen can be difficult to see, and for people with vision issues, because there is adjustable focus in the viewfinder.
QuestionI need to video 2 hour plays, will this camera accomodate? Would I need to purchase a certian size card and battery to make this happen without interuption? THanks,
- Answer I just used mine last night to record a performance at the highest quality setting and with a 64GB card I still had room to spare. The performance was 2 1/2 hours long
QuestionIs this camcorder compatible with a MacBookPro, OSX 10.9.5 and IMovie '11? If so, is it easy to download into IMovie?
- Answer It has been very easy for us to import from the Sony FDR AX53 to iMovie. We purchased a Sony FDR AX53 4K camcorder three weeks ago to upgrade from a 10 year-old Sony HDR TG1 HD camcorder. Our Mac configuration (iMovie 10.1.4 macOS 10.12.3 iMac 17,1 which should be the current most up to date versions of each) is slightly different than yours. We use the iMovie Import Media then Import All or Import Selected functions on the iMac and USB Connect on the AX53. Typical transfer rate has been about 40MB/s using the provided USB cable. We have not tried wireless transfers yet. The same set up also worked well with the TG1.
QuestionI need a camera for my counseling internship. Specs: standard tripod, records when plugged in or records for 4 hours or more, good quality sound or external microphone shoe, produces MP4 or MOV or WMV files, compatible with Windows 10. THis ok?
- Answer More than OK might even be too much the AEX 33 would probably work just as well but the AEX 53 you will more than please I plan to use mine for wedding photography back up. The 53 will record as long as you have Memory card in it and you can also use AC power from the charger to run it so basically it will run for as long as you want it to
QuestionThanks for the answer but what I'm looking for is a microphone not a controller. I'd like to know which microphone is compatible with the AX53 camcorder. When I refer to remote microphone I mean one that I can wear on my label or stick in my shirt pocket
- Answer Hi DrSi! You can use any 3.5mm stereo mini plug-in power mic with this camcorder. -Anthony
- Answer There are many choices for microphones for that camcorder. I use the Zoom H6 recorder with mine. It's a much better sound quality, and comes with a superb editing program.
QuestionI am looking for a camcorder that will not stop recording every 15min like my other cameras do. I don't want to be checking the screen to see if it's still filming. What clip length (duration of continuous film) can that camera do? Does it stop recording?
- Answer Hi Triben, this camera can record for more than 15 minutes continuously without stopping. Recording time depends on the battery used, and the selected recording file format. You may refer to page 23 of this link for more information about the camera's recording time: https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4586523111.pdf Thanks, -Mark
QuestionDoes this camcorder output a clean HDMI to a capture card? Want to use to live stream to a capture card to a PC.
- Answer Hi Jeff, yes this camcorder does output clean HDMI.
QuestionHi All! Is it possible to put a Time/Date stamp on the videos that you record with this Camcorder?. My old analog camcorders had this feature but it seems like the digital models don't offer it.
- Answer Hi Timbo, It is possible to manually overlay time and date information on a video using Vegas Movie Studio (sold separately): https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00070551 Regards, Vincent
- Answer Tom, The Playmemories iPhone app allows you to playback the files saved to your iPhone (you have to turn on that option, or the files will only save to your memory card). It will play back those files regardless if you're hooked to the TV or not ... Since they're on your phone.
- Answer This camcorder does have the option to shoot in 1920x1080.
QuestionLooking to upgrade an old Handycam CX-160. It makes movie files at 2GB increments. It has messed up videos that I have been doing that are longer in length like 35-40mins. Does this camera do that or is it truly continuous with no breaks?
- Answer That was a limitation of the format of the memory card that had to be used which was FAT32, The AX53 is able to use a SDXC memory card which uses exFAT which does not have the same limitation.
- Answer I can't say in technical way but I just used it indoors on a cloudy day. I did not notice any quality degradation.
QuestionMy old camcorder let you digitally label the what you are recording next to the date stamp. Can you do this for this model? So, if I wanted to label it "Canada trip" next to the date stamp, can it be done? Thanks!
- Answer Hi MAC, the AX53 is does not support digital label overlay onto the recorded video.