Questions & Answers
- QuestionHello, Anyone know when to expect the free movie code from Sony and is there list to pick from? Thanks. (8 Answers)Answers
The code will come within 4 days after you register the player at Sony's site via email. Here is a tip: If you already have a Sony account DO NOT LOGIN to your account once you receive the code. Instead click the link in the email and pick your movies and checkout - If you happen to login to your account you will not be able to use the code.(You'll receive a invalid code message and will not be able to proceed) I have notified Sony of the issue so it may be resolved by the time you read this. If you are already logged in to your Sony account log out first to complete the redemption. Good luck.
- QuestionWill the Sony UBP X800 have a software update for Dolby Vision in the future ? (4 Answers)Answers
DOLBY VISION HDR implementation is not something Sony endorses or licenses. It's uncertain if Sony can add. There is talk of a potential firmware or software update that may enable this version of HDR, I've heard that Dolby Vision HDR requires a specific chipset, but I see lately there is talk of a software implementation - good news for Sony should they choose to implement. I know the new LG player supports both versions of HDR and it's most likely why I'll most likely choose that upcoming 4K player as my LG supports both codes. If Sony had Dolby Vision HDR it would be a no brainer to buy this player. I really like the Sony ability to play my DTS and DVD surround audio discs over HDMI. -2.28.17
- Questionhave a B6 OLED and this player. using Rocketfish 24' HDMI 4k ultraHD/HDR 18Gbps will not send 4K signal. second try with cable loose on floor. works fine with 4' cable. geek squad says too weak a signal from player. Solutions that have worked??? (3 Answers)Answers
I've only used 10' Mono Price Premium Certified HDMI Cables. Ensure your HDMI cable has been certified for 18Gbps. Look for the HDMI Premium COA when buying HDMI cables. These cables have been tested and certified by a HDMI authorized testing center for 18Gbps which is required for 4K HDR. Longer cables runs over 15' have had issues sending the required signals from many UHD players.
- Questioncan i add amazon video app to this player? (8 Answers)
- QuestionIf I have two tv's in two different areas of the house, do I need two of these? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this player play 4K movie discs and stream? (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the difference between the Sony 800 and the pannasonic ultra 4k player,will it do the same streaming for 4k oled t.v.,and stream 4k from Netflix (3 Answers)
- QuestionWhat type of HDMI port is on this player? Is it 1.4, 2.0, 2.0b, or 2.0a? Thank you (5 Answers)
- QuestionI want to know why when i play a Dolby Atmos disc the player doesnt say Dolby Atmos it says True HD 7.1 why is that im using a dolby atmos receiver (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAre there any plans to add Youtube? (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions