Questions & Answers
- Answer Hello Chris, Sony Recommends the Sony UWA-BR100 USB wireless LAN adapter with USB extension base. It supports 802.11a/b/g/n. no drivers necessary. Plug it in and select USB wireless.
Questioncan the "Sony - Internet Connectable/Wi-Fi Ready Blu-ray Disc Player" play regular dvds as well?
- Answer Yes, in fact it upscales the dvd's to a higher quality, assuming your TV can handle at least 1080P.
QuestionWifi AdapterI've seen both answers and really want to know what one is true. Do you have to use the SONY UWA-BR100 wifi adapter with this product or will any adapter work? If you say that any adapter will work, could you give me an example of one that will? Thanks,
- Answer You must use the Sony adapter. It contains special "proprietary" software. Alternatively, buy the next model up in the Sony range for an extra $40 or $50 with Wi-Fi built-in. That's a better deal than paying $80 or more for the Sony adapter !
- Answer You don't. Just connect the player to your TV and connect the power cord to an AC outlet and you're ready to play Blu-Ray discs, regular DVDs, and music CDs. To "stream" movies from Netflix over the internet you have 2 choices. Either connect a standard network cable (ethernet cable) from your router to the ethernet jack on the Sony player, or connect the special Sony Wi-Fi adapter to the player (costs an extra $80 or more). 3rd option: Buy the next player up in Sony's range which includes the Wi-Fi adapter (costs about $40 or $50 more than this S370 model).
- Answer Yes. I did not subscribe so I cannot comment on performance
QuestionWill this eliminate Wii?I have the Wii system now -- if I get this can I eliminate the Wii and just get Netflix through this DVD player?
- Answer Yes you can connect to Netflix, that is why I bought the unit.. If you have the Wii hard wired with the ethernet jack, you will need it for this unit too
Questionberlin philarmonic in bluraycan i see the page of berlin philarmonic if I take this product to mexico.? thanks
- Answer Berliner Philharmoniker Streams are currently only avail in the United states through your Bravia internet services.
QuestionCan I install any app on blue ray player ?I would like install new apps like netflix, youtube, Yupp tv apps on blue ray player. If so how can I ?
- Answer The blu-ray player does not have the ability to buy or add new apps from an "app store" The BDP-S370 has Bravia Internet Video streaming Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix®, YouTube™ , Pandora™ , Slacker® - the list goes on and on. these are already built into your blu-ray player
Questionhow do I keep 3d blue ray connected o netflixhaving difficult time getting my 3d blueray to connect to netflix ,my blue ray has bulit -in wireless,won' stay connected to netflix have to keep going thur setup
- Answer Most likely you are getting network connection issue. You can use wired connection to avoid wireless interference from electronic devices around you. If issue persists with wired connection, contact Sony technical support group for further assistance.
QuestionUsing the BDP-S370 w/ my Sony surround sound system DAV- HDX279WCan I use my surround system with this Blu-ray system and if so what do I need t hook it up?
- Answer Yes u can. The way I did it was I ran everything into my TV using HDMI cables and then from the TV I went to my surround sound unit with an optical cable. Make sure ur system has that. If not there are other ways but running it through ur tv is best cause then only need one remote for it all. And u don't have to change ur surround sound settings. I buy all my cables from buy.com because u can get 2-3 for 8 bucks and free shipping compared to best buy charging u 40 for one.
QuestionDoes it have a disc memoryWill it remember the past few disc that I have watched? If I put in a new disc and later put in the last disc that I was watching before it, will go back to the place I left off at?
- Answer Yes, the Blu-ray player will remember where you left off. However, the resume point may be cleared from memory depending on the disc when: – you open the disc tray. – you disconnect the USB device. – you play other content. – you turn off the player.
QuestionSimple web browsing?You say the player can perform simple web browsing... How so? I have not been able to find anything in the HOME menu options to allow such.
- Answer Please contact us directly for one on one assistance with the features of your blu-ray player. For the BDP- S370 such as yours Our apologies if the Simple Browsing was confusing. In Video choose "Search Internet Video" at the top of the networks offered. however if you are looking to browse your favorite websites the BDP-80 series has this feature under network "WWW" the BDP-S370 does not have this feature. or you may wish to look to our Google TV Bluray players that lets you enter any website you wish and has a full keyboard integrated right on the remote control.
QuestionCan this player play DVD movies from other countries?I watch a lot of Chinese movies from HK, they are region code 3 DVD's. Sony BDP S370
- Answer The BDP-S370 conforms to the NTSC color system for Region 1 and can play any Region 1 or region free movie. Unfortunately the BDP-S370 will not play any other region media.
Questionit is wifi ready,then why i have to buy r100how i can use wifi mode like i do in my i pod touch wireless, whAt does it mean wifi ready
- Answer If something is wifi ready, then it means it has the ability to be connected via wifi. In many cases, you will have to buy a wireless adapter, typically around eighty dollars. I would reccomend buying a product which states, "Wifi built-in."
I would recommend:
QuestionWhen will Sony add Netflix search functions beyond Netflix queue?Currently, Sony Blueray players only show the Netflix queue, and no other Netflix features.
- Answer There is currently no updated information regarding any pending software updates or changes to the Bluray players. When information becomes available it will be posted on our Sony Forum. https://forum.sel.sony.com/index.php?sid=3a612bd5e7c43c1c441b6bfd27fddc4a
QuestionDoes this unit support Skype yet?I saw a model shown at CES that would do that for those of us that have an older model of the Bravia TV that does not. The main question is, is that BD product on the market yet?
- Answer The BDP-S370 does not support Skype. Unfortunately we do not have information or an ETA for Information on devices not released.
QuestionWill the BluRay Player BDP-S370 also work with Sony's Surround Sound DAV-DX150 system & how do you connect?Connecting to existing surround sound system and need more information. Already purchased BDP-S370 & need details to connect components.
- Answer The DAV-DX150 Home theater system has speaker connections, Video.SAT cable box connection, and Component video and monitor out Only. you cannot connect the speakers of the DAV-DX150 system to the BDP-S370. If you are looking to integrate surround sound speakers an A/V receiver will work very well to suit your needs.
I would recommend: