Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.99
QuestionReally interested in this headset but I'm very, very, very worried about all of the reviews I'm seeing from all over the internet about how it won't stay connected to the Xbox and it's been said to have happened 20 mins in to even months later. Skeptical.
- Answer I can confirm this, and found the culprit: it connects on the same 2.4 wireless signal. If your set up is close to your WiFi modem, good luck. 10+ feet away? You should be good. I returned mine and will wait to see if they release a patch later. I’ll, without hesitation, get them again. They are amazing when they work.
QuestionSo I took my the headset by a microwave and it just turnt off and won’t turn back on any fix? I’ve already pressed the reset button many time.
- Answer Honestly my only idea is you have a older style microwave and the electromagnetic waves cause the motherboard to either lose connection or fried the drivers. I would just get a new microwave before a new headset
QuestionCan I use the headset wired? Like plug it into the controller and be able to hear the game and use the microphone like a regular non wireless headset?
- Answer According to the SteelSeries support site you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm to hear audio but no mic support. Wire is not included. Have to either use Bluetooth or an Xbox Dongle or Xbox console for mic support. https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027273532-Features-and-User-Manual
QuestionSo I just bought the headset it is amazing worth the money but I was curious if when you buy it does it come with its own warranty instead of buying the two-year warranty from Best Buy?
- Answer Has a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
QuestionCan these be used on two different devices at the same time? I want to plug into my Xbox for game audio and also plug into my PC to talk to friends.
- Answer yes they can. im playing COD talking to my friends on live and at the same time playing music on my laptop all through bluetooth. if you're pc does not support bluetooth which we are in 2020 all pc's should, you would need to buy the xbox wireless adapter which goes for around 25 bucks
- Answer Yes I just got them, they work well with the Xbox and only the Xbox. The people that are writing bad reviews are def using it on their PC which doesn’t connect very well which is true! I tried them on my PC they work but have connectivity issues, but if you are using them only for the Xbox the quality is AMAZING. I had the hyper X before them and they are good but these are def worth it and are better. BUY!
- Answer Sound Quality is good for phone calls but for music, I’d look elsewhere. These don’t have any low end unless you tweet the sound profile with the computer app. Compared these with my Sennheiser MTW and Sony XB950N1.
Questionif I connect this to my Xbox and iPhone, can I talk to my friends on discord while hearing game sounds on my Xbox?
- Answer My husband has been able to
QuestionWhat is the reason the 9x headset currently says “unavailable” not just out of stock on the website? And when will they be available again?
- Answer It’s just a matter of waiting. I got lucky and bought one when I checked on the website, but just keep checking every day
QuestionI have a Alienware laptop, will these connect using the laptops Bluetooth running Windows 10?
- Answer Yes, but if you sync to your Xbox it'll also turn on your Xbox...and keep it on. If you try and turn off your Xbox it'll turn it back on.
QuestionDoes this headphone have surroundsound? or can you hear in what direction footprints or noise is coming from in-game using these headphones?
- Answer You can definitely hear direction. I actually felt I played better with them. I compared to the turtle beach 420 that I came from and with the turtles it sounds like someone in front of you is behind you. Only thing is, the artics dropped sound a few weeks or so after using and now no longer will connect even with reset. Go wired!
- Answer No. They ONLY work with Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Mobile(Bluetooth).
QuestionWhat is the overall sound quality? Especially for playing Call of Duty. I have heard mixed reviews on this product. The bluetooth and everything seems good but I need good sound quality so I can hear where the footsteps are coming from when playing.
- Answer Hello. My son plays almost nonstop when he’s “free” (he’s a teenager so school and chores) and watches shows using these. He does not complain at all and is entirely in love with these. He is super picky about things regarding sounds. He also plays COD. I hope this helps.
- Answer There are basically two different ways to connect to a device. One is the main wireless connection to an Xbox. The other is Bluetooth to ANY Bluetooth enabled device such as a PC or cell phone. MacBook Pro would also work with this. The cool thing about this headset is that it can be connected to Xbox and a Bluetooth device at the same time and you can hear both at the same time.
QuestionDoes it have good noise isolation like if I put on the headset turn it on am I gonna hear everything outside the headset super clearly or no cause my turtle beach was that way and did not like it
- Answer The headset has great noise canceling. But only if you can get it to stay connected to your console. I just bought these right after christmas and i havnt been able to get mine to stop D/Cing.