Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.99
The previous price was $249.99
QuestionDo you get the traffic updates directly to the GPS, or do you have to connect your phone and get the traffic updates to your phone?
- Answer You have to use the MyDrive App by TomTom on your smartphone for traffic updates.
QuestionI just got this model and the choice of countries are USA and Canada. When you use this in Western Europe, will the option for countries be automatically loaded when you are actually in one of the European countries. Is the Supreme the same as Premium?
- Answer Best to purchase a separate micro SD card, you will need to expand memory to 32 to load all Europe maps, which you can do in US using wifi
QuestionSo I have a smartphone and lost the directions in my phone due to me loosing reception. I was in no where land. Have you ever lost signal when you were in a bad reception area?
- Answer The mapping information is stored in the memory of the Tom Tom and does not use cell service to give you routing. That is exactly why I purchased my unit because with my work I am sent to very remote places where cell phone service is spotty at best and the Tom Tom just keeps on going.
- Answer No this one will not give trucker routes
QuestionI’m looking for a GPS that I can use while in France. How do I go about loading the French map information onto the TomTom BEFORE I get there? I saw a comment about a SID card potentially being needed. I’m hoping I can just use the WiFi feature.
- Answer Install "TomTom MyDrive Connect" app on your computer. Use it to add your device to your account connected to your computer with the included USB cable. Update your device with any updates available. You will also see a list of maps of the entire world. Download to your device as desired. Pop in a microSD or microSDHC card to have plenty of memory. Enjoy your trip.
QuestionAre the map updates on the "Go Supreme 6" free for the life of the TomTom? Do you pull them up through your computer's WiFi, or from the TomTom directly?
- Answer The free maps on the Go Supreme are free for life. I updated my unit with Wi-Fi without using my computer and it worked fine. So I would say no need for computer to do any of the updates. The older units did not have Wi-Fi so you had to plug them into the computer to update the unit.
- Answer your car does not need blue tooth. that is used to connect the GPS to a smart phone for traffic, auto receive text, and making calls etc. You will need a smart phone with blue tooth.
- Answer No topographical maps. It is touch screen
- Answer No external antenna. Don’t know of any with an external antenna