Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $599.99
The regular price is $699.99
QuestionLight Gaming?I tried to look through reviews for any comments on gaming. Are the graphics HD4400 for this laptop? How does it handle games?
- Answer Yeah it has Intel HD4400 graphics. Like most integrated graphics cards, I wouldn't suggest this for gaming. It could handle some older games, but that's about it. Check out this website to see how it compares to other graphics cards. It also shows what performance you can expect with some recent games. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400.91979.0.html
QuestionMobile or Intel 4400 HD graphics?I'm a little confused. The product description says that this laptop has Mobile Intel HD graphics. In answer to other questions on here, people have said it has Intel 4400. Are those the same thing? Because I've seen other laptops list specifically that they have the 4400 graphics, so I assumed this laptop must have something lesser if it lists it as only Moble Intel HD graphics. Does this laptop have Intel 4400 HD graphics or not? Thank you!
- Answer They are the same thing. The proper name for the processor graphics is mobile Intel® HD Graphics 4400. Some laptop specs have them listed as Mobile Intel® HD Graphics and some are listed as Intel® HD Graphics 4400. This laptop features Intel® HD Graphics 4400.
QuestionHDD to SDD. Windows 8.1 reinstall.I have replaced the HDD with SSD on this laptop. I noticed there were 2 strip wires which are going above the Harddisk which I had to take out and then keep them after installing SSD. What are these strips for. Is there a possibility that Harddisk/computer can occasionally freeze because of not reinserting these 2 strips properly? Does this laptop have SATA 2 or SATA 3 interface? The new SSD sequential read and write speeds are around 250 MB/s. When I see the benchmarks shared in SSD review they were around 400-500 MB/s for the same. Is there any possibility that during replacement loose connection or improper connection is causing the slow speeds? Also the SSD started freezing just a few mins after turning on pc. I tried many methods suggested in google and it seemed to be resolved now. But my preference is to reinstall windows. How to reinstall windows 8.1? No DVD or backup drive provided in the system. Also the reinstall from windows settings doesn't work. I'm also not able to see/get the window 8.1 product key anywhere (I remember we used to have windows key as a sticker on earlier laptops). Thanks in Advance.
QuestionHow to reinstall windows 8.1? Does it have SATA 2 or SATA 3? (E45T-B4106)How to reinstall windows 8.1? No DVD or backup drive provided in the system. Also the reinstall from windows settings doesn't work. I'm also not able to see/get the window 8.1 product key anywhere (I remember we used to have windows key as a sticker on earlier laptops). I think the laptop already came with an installed windows and no instructions are provided for the reinstall anywhere.
- Answer Here is the link to the Users Guide for your laptop: http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4005606&isFromTOCLink=false Go to page 44 where is says Recovering the Internal Storage Drive. The guide will walk you through the various restore features on this laptop. If you continue to have problems please call Toshiba tech support at (800) 457-7777. This laptop features a SATA III hard drive.
- Answer office isn't pre loaded onto this laptop just anti virus
QuestionAdd RAMI bought this laptop last week and I'm very satisfied with it, but I want to increase the RAM. 1- How many slots are included now? 1 or 2? 2- Can I add 8GB to the current 6GB so the total will be 14GB. or I have to remove the 6GB and add 8 or 16 GB. 3- is it easy to add the additional RAM? I'm not a professional. 4- Which brand of RAMs give me the best compatibility?
- Answer The answer is yes and no. Yes in that it can be upgraded to 16GB and the link was posted by another helpful responder: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Toshiba/satellite-e45t-b4204 You would need to take out the 4GB and 2GB modules and replace them with 2 8GB modules. If you know what you are doing and can pop of the bottom cover, then the hard drive and memory can be replaced. For that matter the battery as well. Check Google as there are some YouTube and other posts showing how to pop off the bottom cover (you start by the hinges). If you are not mechanically inclined or nervous then take it to Geek Squad or some other reliable Toshiba service entity. I upgraded mine to 16GB RAM and a 250GB SSD. The unit boots up in less than 10 seconds and is extreme;y fact at everything I ask it to do. Good luck.
- Answer They are Intel HD graphics 4400. They are on the processor chip. They are far better than older integrated graphics, and will run some games. For me the sims 3 runs amazing. The viewing angle is decent, but glare is a problem especially with fingerprints from a touchscreen.
- Answer You'll have to go the Microsoft store, or call their support. They were able to have my product in the store for me to access online. I am not sure what versions are available this way.
- Answer The battery is not user replaceable, but it can be replaced by a Toshiba service provider.
QuestionAbout memoryHi, I've seen that the memory can be expanded to (max) 16 GB, so if I buy from your store/website, can you help me upgrade it?
- Answer if you don't have two left hands you can do that yourself, takes 5 minutes.
Questionare there going to be an taxes if I buy the computer in the store and pick it up in the store
- Answer I live in Michigan and paid taxes on the computer. I bought it in store but also paid extra for insurance which is worth it if you plan on using it for a few years. You never know what might happen to it.
QuestionSolid State DriveHow much difficulty would there be in replacing the included 750GB hard drive with a laptop-sized solid state drive? Is that sort of replacement possible on this model?
- Answer It is not difficult at all. Remove all the screws on the bottom and carefully pry off the lid. The hard drive and memory are right there. It will need the 1.3v PC3L-12800 DDR3L-1600Mhz Memory Module. The standard RAM won't work.