Questions & Answers
- QuestionHi I am looking to get a phone for my mom thats easy to use. How does this phone work is there a monthly bill or do you purchase a phone card for the minutes? Do you lose what you haven't used or will last until all minutes used? (2 Answers)Answers
This is a pretty easy phone to use in my opinion. You can buy airtime cards for it at different places like best buy, online etc. You can also buy it right from the tracfone website in your account (you should sign up for an account once you get the phone - you can activate it from your account). You can also buy airtime straight from the phone itself. The phone always tells you how many minutes you have left and how much time is left on the plan. The cheapest airtime plan is $19.99. It gives 60 minutes but Tracfone doubles it to 120 minutes. Best buy sells it. It's a card with a pin number on it. It lasts for 3 months before you must buy a new card. The minutes roll over so you won't lose it just make sure to buy and apply another $19.99 card before the 3 months is up (like a day or two before). This is the plan I am using. They are very flexible and you can use other value cards - one lasts a year. As far as monthly billing or some kind of auto billing I believe that can be set up in your account so you don't have to worry about buying airtime cards. One thing I like is that International calls cost the same as domestic calls - so very very cheap.
- QuestionI have a safelink wireless account but need a easier phone. Can i transfer my safelink wireless tracfone (pixie a466bg) to this phone by just moving the sim card? (2 Answers)Answers
I had no problem switching to the tracfone LG442GB..........I was like you did not know how to go about it......I also thought I would only need to change out the sim card....well, I got in touch with tracfone and also with safelink wirless..........was told not to change out the cards........I went to my account with safelink and found out that I could just have my account and my same phone # changed to my new phone......they took me through the steps.......very simple.....just gave them some information from new phone .....took no time at all hardly......New phone worked with my old phone number in minutes......of course after ward old phone no longer worked.......but that was fine with me....I was having problems with it after dropping it into some water.....That is my reason for getting new phone....and I chose the above phone because of the flip top.........Hope this will be help for you..
- QuestionOther than appearance how is this phone different from LG440 and LG441? Is LG442 a more reliable phone? (1 Answer)Answers
- Questiondouse the tracphone lg442 have a jack for headphones (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this phone have a camera front and back/? (2 Answers)
- QuestionAre you able to keep your same phone number given by Verizon? We are going to cancel that line through them. (1 Answer)
- QuestionWhen I buy this phone, can I put my already existent wireless plan onto it? (1 Answer)Answers
- Questionis there a activation fee can I order on line phone and minute card and be ready to go does phone already have sim card how do I get new phone # (2 Answers)Answers
yes stacy you do need to add minutes. I have a track phone card which is perfect to use for only $10. a month I use this phone for only for calls if I have to call home or if there is an emergency while we are out. I have used a tracphone for over 9 years and they cancelled all flip phones which made me so mad so was glad I could find this one and it works with tracphone cards
- QuestionDoes it have a speakerphone function? does it have a FM radio tuner function or app available to work with it? (1 Answer)
- QuestionI already have a cell phone & sim card with. I just need a new phone because my phone got wet. Would this work or does it have to be specifically for TRACFONE? Can i just insert my sim card on this phone and it'll work? (1 Answer)Answers
Hi. Each TracFone device has a SIM Card assigned. If you want we can transfer your phone number and service over to this device. For further assistance, please email us at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com (include your name, cell#, and serial number). You can chat with us at http://bit.ly/18WfOoC, or you can also contact our customer care at 1-800-867-7183. We are open M-Sun from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions