Questions & Answers
QuestionIf I buy Trend internet security do I also need antivirus protection to or is it all included as a package ?
- Answer No you do not. It has an anti-virus built in. However, do TURN ON whatever version of Windows security (Defender/Essentials) you have. Also set your security settings to at least Medium in your Control Panel/Internet Options.
- Answer Yes, it is an annual subscription, but it is way cheaper that the other anti virus software out there. I used it at work when I managed a law firm and always use it at home with no complications.
QuestionWhat's the difference between Trend Micro "Titanium" Internet Security and Trend Micro Internet Security for Best Buy?See images
- Answer Trend Micro "Titanium" Internet Security is the 2014 version and Trend Micro Internet Security is the 2015 version. The name "Titanium" has been retired starting with the 2015 version.
QuestionI use TMIS but I have never seen a comparison of TM to Norton or any other AV. Where can I go to see how TM stacks up to the other top AV's??? I've read that VIPRE is supposed to be the top AV!!
- Answer I got a Trojan virus when I was using Norton, I have never had that problem with Trend. Stick with Trend, you won't be sorry.
QuestionWhat if I have Webroot now? Do I take Webroot off my desktop and android first, then download Trend Micro Internet Security?
- Answer I was advised not to have more than 1 security device on your computer at one time. They can work against each other. I know, I had this problem and removed all but TrendMicro. No problems after I removed the other program.
Questionwhat the difference bwtween webroot and trend to me all same right which is better and like to in new laptop
- Answer The staff at Best Buy like both Webroot and Trend Micro but suggested Trend Micro for my MacBook Air. It is working great on all of our computer Mac & PC alike.
QuestionWhat is the difference from SKU: 5147463 and SKU: 4442801The difference in Max Security 10 and trend Micro Internet Security.
- Answer Maximum Security 10 and Internet Security 10 are different products.
Questiondoes this program remove existing viruses and maleware,and correct hardrive problems?Having a lot of pop ups coming up when I turn the computer on.
- Answer Yes, it will remove the Maleware and Viruses, but you also needs use some Technic. Nowadays, Maleware and Viruses comes like legitimate application. you have to find out the application that causes pop ups from Program and Features in Control Panel. Also, the browser Extensions makes popups, too.
- Answer Yes, I believe so.
QuestionHow to delete Tren MIcro unwanted renewal notices.7 months ago, I bought an apple computer with a 6-month Trend Micro Internet Security software. I do not wish to renew the software, but EVERY TIME I log in I get their renewal request. Very annoying. I cannot even "close" the renewal request advertisement.
- Answer Just go in to your Control Panel and delete the program. You won't get anymore notices.
QuestionHow can you renew the program if you originally bought a disc?So I bought the Trend Micro Internet Security disc for my PC last year and it expired this past February. And I did buy it from Best Buy, I tried renewing it through the Trend Micro website using the same Serial Number as the disc from Best Buy that I had bought from it is not working. I contacted the Trend Micro Support about it and suggested I contact Best Buy for support. So my question is, why isn't my product being renewed and if there is an incorrect vs correct way to do the renewal?
- Answer I just went to Best Buy and bought newer version and downloaded it from their website. I believe it will uninstall the older version for you. Get the three year version, much better deal.