Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $88.99
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 uses a half duplex speakerphone, it can only transmit audio one at a time. You might want to check the DS6251. This is comparable to the DS6151 but has a full duplex speakerphone. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionCould you use handsets from a DS6251-3 with this? I have a DS6251-3 base station that has gone bad, but all of the handsets are still good.
- Answer Hi - The cordless handset compatible with the VTech DS6151 is the model VTech DS6101. The cordless handsets from the DS6251-3 will only work with another telephone base of the same model. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Michelle - The VTech DS6151 is capable of call forwarding as long as you are subscribed to the service from your Telephone Service Provider. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Hi - Yes, the VTech DS6151 will work with a magic jack. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionIf I have 4 lines currently all with different outgoing numbers, will this be compatible? For example, if I am on the phone with a client on line 1, and another call comes in, will it automatically ring to the second handset etc?
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 can only handle two lines. If you are to connect two active lines on the unit, the other handsets will ring if a call comes in on the second line. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
- Answer Hi - Yes, the Call Screening option can be turned off manually on the VTech DS6151. Here's the complete instructions. Using the telephone base: Step 1: Press the MENU softkey when the telephone base is not in use. Step 2: Press the SELECT softkey to select Answering sys. Step 3: Press ▼/CID or ▲/DIR to select Mailbox 1 or Mailbox 2, then press the SELECT softkey. The corresponding icon, 1 or 2, flashes on the screen. Step 4: Press ▼/CID or ▲/DIR to select Ans sys setup, then press the SELECT softkey. Step 5: Press the SELECT softkey to select Call screening. Step 6: Press ▼/CID or ▲/DIR to select On or Off, then press the SET softkey to confirm your setting or press CANCEL to exit to the previous menu without making any changes. Hope this helped! ~VTech Support
- Answer Hi - We are sorry that the feature you are looking for is not available on the VTech DS6151. Call forwarding is a service subscribed from your local service provider but this is Caller ID capable. Both features are going to work as long as you have them active. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionOn this 2 line phone can one person be talking on one handset on one line while someone is talking on another handset on another line?
- Answer Gigi - Yes, the VTech DS6151 will allow you to use both lines on two different handsets as long as you have two active lines connected. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionTURN OFF RINGER Sound function? Does this phone have the turn off ringer function so that you don't have to listen to all the calls coming and just let it go to voicemail?
- Answer Scottie - Yes, the ringer on the VTech DS6151 can be manually turned off. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionI have two phone numbers for Line 1 and Line 2, but prefer to ONLY use Line 1's phone number. How can I have incoming calls to Line 1 (WHEN LINE 1 IS ALREADY IN USE) be transferred automatically to Line 2, rather than to call-waiting and voicemail??
- Answer Diane - You need to subscribe to rollover service from your Telephone service provider. That way, when you are on a call on line 1 on the VTech DS6151, the 2nd call will rollover to line 2. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Mike - The VTech DS6151 does not have roll over feature. This is a feature that you have to subscribe from your telephone company. This unit is compatible with the service. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionWith multiple handsets, will the Line 1 and/or Line 2 light up on the base and/or the handset when the line(s) are engaged so that other users know which line is in use.
- Answer Jewel - Yes, the line buttons on the telephone base of the VTech DS6151 will light up when a system handset is using a line. Thank you, -VTech Support
QuestionI have this base model in my small business, and 4 handsets of model DS6101. I need a main phone with a cord attached due to neck problems. Am I able to interchange this model with a different model (one with a cord) to go with the DS6101 handsets?
- Answer Diane - We apologize but the VTech DS6101 will only work with the DS6151 cordless telephone base. Thank you for your interest! ~VTech Support
QuestionCan the answering machine be set to “announce only” and not allow someone to leave a message?
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 does not have an announce only feature. The said feature is available on the 4 line phone model VTech CM18445. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 is capable of call transfer as long as you are subscribe to the service from your telephone service provider. Thank you, -VTech Support